What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cps abroad

• Thread starter divaskid
  • Start date
This summer I'm going to be going to England, Scotland, and Ireland and I was wondering if any of you know of some places that I could visit that would have collections of CPs? I know Kew gardens has, but I don't think I'm going to be able to make it there. Are there any other places?

Take a look at the CP FAQ by Barry Rice; he has a list of CP collections with several in Europe.
~Joe

Not sure if this will help or not, but here is a link to "Open Days":

Open Days

what's an Open day?

Ooo those were helpful. Thank you!

For anyone else looking, the direct link to the Barry Rice is link

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]what's an Open day?
It looks to me like regular people open up their cp collection to the public. So basically they go to each others houses and oogle at their collections.

That's what it looked like to me anyway. Though I'm not positive.

At any rate it looks like it would be fun

Have fun Michelle! You know, you've got to bring back pictures now.
~Joe

Of course! Tons of pictures.

I can't wait to see all the things I never got to see last time. I'm especially looking foward to seeing Stonehenge. I know its just a pile of rocks in a field but I've always wanted to see it.

Has anyone else been to England Scotland or Ireland? If so what was your favorite place?

Hi divaskid,
I live in Bristol, England, a major city in the south west
smile_m_32.gif

stonehange is practicly down the road for me....but I have never seen it

I havnt been to an open day yet........I was supposed to go to Langy's but then my mum changed her mind at the last minute and she said we'lll go to triffid nurseries instead soon(one of the major CP nurseries here)

If you have any questions, ask me, if I dont know Il find out from my parents or from my school
Dino

I love england. I love it because it is so plain and rainy. I live where nothing is plain and ordinary and its hot all the time. I'm not one for hot weather. Yuck

But I do see your point. If you live there, there's not much about it that seems cool or interesting. But it is to others, just because its different from where we live.

Besides, theres sooooo much history in England. You guys have walls that are older than the United States. Thats pretty amazing to me.

I lived in London for a semester in high school. I think my favorite place was when we visited Cantebury.

You can try posting your query on the Carnivorous Plant UK Forum, if you haven't done so already.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (divaskid @ June 08 2005,4:45)]I love england. I love it because it is so plain and rainy. I live where nothing is plain and ordinary and its hot all the time. I'm not one for hot weather. Yuck

But I do see your point. If you live there, there's not much about it that seems cool or interesting. But it is to others, just because its different from where we live.

Besides, theres sooooo much history in England. You guys have walls that are older than the United States. Thats pretty amazing to me.
I love hot weather and I dont like rain

Gladly

Oh look, how unusual, cloudy AGAIN...........in June
confused.gif

I'm with Divaskid! I'll take cool and cloudy over this miserable Bermuda high, giving us 90+ degree weather. Just saps the energy oit of me. It's like perpetual Florida right now!
smile_h_32.gif

Oh yeah... that's right.... there's a Floridian online right now! AC is my friend!

Right now? common on, I'm not a "real" Floridian. I don't like it here.

yeah here I am just getting out of the shower and I'm already dripping with sweat from the heat (no exageration) Ugh, I hate being sweaty!

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]AC is my friend!

Youre so lucky! We don't have AC. Most houses, except for the mansions and the really new houses, don't have AC capabilities. Windows and doors aren't made to hold the cool air in here.

ah well, such is life
laugh.gif

Divaskid where do you live with no AC? I would guess New England but I know its cold there.

Back