What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Macro camera

• Thread starter Mannex17
  • Start date
P_sethos02_web.jpg

P_lutea_cu_web.jpg

D_spatulata06_web.jpg

Nikon D70

we have the new Canon Digital Rebel XT here at the office, had it less than a week. the lens that comes with it SUCKS! though it allows you to get closer than most its not a macro. when i use it i take of the original lense and use my "all purpose" Sigma 28-80mm with macro abilities that i originally purchased for my 35mm Rebel, not top of the line but when i got it, it cost twice what my camera did so i figured it was a step in the right direction. main problem i have at the moment is im not terribly familiar with it at the moment and need to tweek some settings and i need a tripod as i cant hold the camera still enough for reliable pics(though the U. sandersonii pic i posed in the Utric forum was pretty good for off hand shooting). i was messing with it taking pictures of my degus and i can say the delay between pushing the button and it taking the pic is minimal. my degus are constantly on the move and i had no problems getting pics. if your not a full blown photographer but want to have control over what your doing the XT is an awesome camera for the money, and you figure it will probably drop a couple hundred $ between now and the X-mas season.

Some of those prices are out of my league. Is there any such thing as a 4 MP digital camera that has good photo quality, good macro capabilities, manual overrides, short shutter lag, ease of operation, is thin enough to put in a shirt pocket, and under $300? Cool looking would be a plus.

Back