What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Turn it on cnn

• Thread starter Clint
  • Start date
  • Tags
    est

Clint

Stay chooned in for more!
supposed to be read at about 4:45 EST

CNN.com already has a chart up to show whether Jackson is guilty or not guilty on each individual charge

Not guilty on all 10 counts.
confused.gif

Disgusting result. I think it would be safe to say if you rich and famous, the world is your oyster. You can commit all the crimes you want. I knew they wouldn't have the guts to convict Michael Jackson of anything.

It was predictable. The accuser family came across in the trial as loathesome people capable of scheming for money.

Capslock

i completely disagree plantakiss

he has the mind of a child. no way he could have done it.

the accuser and his family had NO credibility and the jury was very conservative, so if the jury has no doubts then he can't have done it.

I AM surprised that he was innocent on the count of giving alcohol to a child, however. I didn't think he did it to seduce the kid but i DID think he gave it to him.

I was hoping he would moonwalk would of the courthouse, but i guess the stress and shock wouldn't let him to it!

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Oh I think he could have done it; he's a class-1A freak. But they certainly didn't prove it, so who knows?

Capslock

Yeah I know. But the fact that you have low-life parents doesn't make your children incapable of being molested. And it doesn't matter how many thousands of children went to the Ranch that weren't molested, that doesn't mean it didn't/couldn't happen to some who went there. Our justice system sucks. "Fair" is not a word to use in conjuction with our legal system.

A friend of mine had to plead guilty to lesser charge of "battery" when his 17 year old, mentally handicapped daughter accused him, first, of molesting her and later of getting her pregnant. He did neither of those things but could not take the chance of a jury feeling sorry for a crying, mentally handicapped child up on the witness stand and finding his name permanently put on the public Sex Offender list. So he had to cop a plea and spent 2 weeks in jail for something he never did. Much later on, his daughter admitted to her counselor it never happened--her mother made her do it. [BTW...she got pregnant by her BROTHER...who was never charged with incest, violent act or molestation...NOTHING. Nobody seemed to care too much about the rights of a handicapped child either.]

im glad he was found not guilty..
I suspeced all along he was totally being set-up..
the whole case against him was a scam for money.
they made it up...the mother should now be put on trial for fabricating the whole thing!
she obviously lied through her teeth, making it all up hoping to get rich.
(she was found guilty of similar scams before this case)
There was lowlife scum involved in this case..
it wasnt Michael Jackson..

Scot

I agree Scotty.  I dont think Jackson would be stupid enough to do that to a child, especially with his high profile lifestyle.  He'd haveto be on crack.  But... he's still a pretty wierd guy
biggrin.gif

I agree. He is a complete freak and I don't want him anywhere close to me, but I am glad he was found innocent because I don't think he did it.
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Yeah I know. But the fact that you have low-life parents doesn't make your children incapable of being molested.
no but they were lying. That magazine was pretty darnig. they also had a history, and so on.

just because he's weird doesn't mean he'd hurt you alpha.

anyways.... i am totally shocked.

he needs to stop hanging out with kids so this sort of thing wont happen again, regardless if it's true or not.

Famous people do stupid things all the time. They are human beings after all. But they feel invincible because of all these high profile cases where the "star" gets off...OJ, Robert Blake and now Michael Jackson. Jurors are intimidated of convicting mega-stars. Perhaps afraid of retaliation after the fact. How would you like to be "the juror who sent Michael Jackson to jail."

What about the stewardess who testified to putting wine in the Coke cans on the plane? Yet he's not guilty of giving wine to kids.... There were numerous people who said that...not just the accuser.

well, martha stewart for example.

she did it and was found guilty.

then again she went to "camp cupcake"

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Famous people do stupid things all the time. They are human beings after all. But they feel invincible because of all these high profile cases where the "star" gets off...OJ, Robert Blake and now Michael Jackson
yes, but that doesn't mean every time they're accused of something they're guilty.
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]just because he's weird doesn't mean he'd hurt you alpha.
lol... I know but he's scary :p

I think Jacko should wear a blonde wig & do an overnighter at OJ's place.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (PlantAKiss @ June 13 2005,5:26)]Disgusting result.  I think it would be safe to say if you rich and famous, the world is your oyster.  You can commit all the crimes you want.  I knew they wouldn't have the guts to convict Michael Jackson of anything.
Actually, after one night in Bangkok, the world's your oyster.

The prosecution botched the case, IMHO, or else rushed to trial with a flimsy one.

I believe MJ is a pedophile and child molester, but given what I have heard of the handling of the case, the jury had no choice but to vote "not guilty". The prosecution had not proved guilt beyond a reasonable doubt.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (PlantAKiss @ June 13 2005,5:45)]Our justice system sucks.  "Fair" is not a word to use in conjuction with our legal system.
We do have an interesting dichotomy... Juries seem to take "beyond a reasonable doubt" very seriously in major cases, yet I hear very frequently of usually-honest people getting railroaded on BS charges, like the police and DA have nothing better to do.

Our system favors major offenders and habitual criminals who know how to work the system, or else have lawyers who do. But usually-honest, upstanding citizens who make a stupid mistake, and then trust the police and DA are screwed.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TheAlphaWolf @ June 13 2005,6:17)]I agree. He is a complete freak and I don't want him anywhere close to me, but I am glad he was found innocent because I don't think he did it.
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Yeah I know.  But the fact that you have low-life parents doesn't make your children incapable of being molested.
no but they were lying. That magazine was pretty darnig. they also had a history, and so on.
He was NOT found "innocent".

He was found "not guilty".

That is a subtle, but very important, distinction.

Back