What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I am an uncle today

My sister had a baby boy! I told her if she could have it naturally I would give an airplane ticket. Well, she had it naturally with no pain killers.
smilie4.gif
I give her all the credit in the world, putting pressure on my other sister *hehe*. They have not named him yet but will shortly. It was around 8 am this morning.

Thought I would share the news...I will be flying out to Sacramento July 1rst to visit.
smile.gif

congratulations!

but why did you want her to have it naturally? JW.

Congrats!!!
I just became a first-time uncle last week...
Elle Grace is my new neices name and I haven't seen her yet but I'm gonna try to get down to see her next month.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ June 14 2005,1:25)]congratulations!

but why did you want her to have it naturally? JW.
No reason, I just did not think she could go through it with out having pain killers. I am happy as hell for for my sister doing that. I think she wanted to go through the process of having a baby without pain killers and I just helped along. Although, I am not betting a free airplane ticket next time. That took awhile to earn all those points...

Congratulations Travis! You will make a great uncle!
smile.gif
Maybe you can get a pic and post it? Let us know her name when she gets one.

And congratulations to you Conley...that's a pretty name.

Uncles and aunts get to be the "fun" relative.
smile.gif

Congratulations! Now if only our Pistons can win!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jimscott @ June 14 2005,3:02)]Congratulations! Now if only our Pistons can win!
Is that is asking for to much?
smile_l_32.gif
They have to win at least tonight!

Yes being an Uncle will be great. Be there for the good times and leave for the bad times. Let the parents do the punishing...
smile_m_32.gif

Congratulations to you and to Kahnli! ~Niki~
laugh.gif

Congrats, Uncle man!

I'm pro pain-killers for childbirth. It's not a walk in the park...it's like shoving a watermelon through a keyhole. Men seem to like the idea of natural child-birth, seeing as they won't ever have to do it themselves, and are debilitated by a mere head-cold. I was born under the influence of lots of demerol. I still think that's the way to go...but god bless the moms who can do it pain-killer free! They're much better women than I am!

Congrats! Being an uncle is all the fun, and almost none of the responsibility of being a parent.

My wife had an almost-natural childbirth....She had a little staydol (sp?), and said it did NOTHING! AND I'M GONNA KILL EVERYONE! RRRRAAAWWWWRRR!
<yikes!> Didn't help that Miranda was sunny side up, either....
LOL.

Thanks for all the kind words. He is 6.9 oz and will see if I can get a picture up...may be a while. The joy of being an uncle or they want to call me Zeo, that is Italian for Uncle.

Back