What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
For the past 16 months I have sent out may SASES, cultivated friendships, and have done a lot of trading, accumulating various packets of seeds, gemmae, cuttings, and plants. This growing season has rewarded me with a plethora of flowering plants. So far, either having just flowered, or currently are, or soon will be - are the following:

Drosera: carberup, badgerup, erricksonii, nitidula, pulchella, stelliflora, enodes, scorpiodes, callistos, pygmaea, allantostigma, capensis, sp.1 Cuba, spatulata (Hong Kong), burmanni, coccicaulis, dielsiana, paradoxa, binata, and filiformis.

Utricularia: paulinae, sandersonii, livida, tridentata, tricolor, calcyfida, lateriflora, and sp.2.

Pinguicula: primuliflora, (Sethos), and luscitanica.

Thank you all for contributing to the flower power!

I have to say the same- S.flava flowered like mad for me, Drosera-wise I should have D.filiformis var filiformis , D.filiformis var tracyii, D. coccicaulis (I know that's wrong but still can't get a good enough pic for an expert to tell me otherwise, it looks like both of the things it could be, sometimes one more than the other) D.rotundifolia and over 30 scapes from D.tokaiensis which I grew from seed from a member here (and they were right about how it would not fail to produce far more than I could ever need without trouble)
I have a flowering U.sandersonii and should see the flowers from my U.prehensilus any day now...
I have tried my best to give back, but my ability has been so far limited- I expect that will change VERY soon (and I know I mostly have common stuff, but you got to start somewhere right??) and I have to thank EVERYONE here, from the folks I have traded with or been gifted by, to all the members posting helpful hints (and sometimes really important advice- I would not have any living Nepenthes if it weren't for some of you) and friends I have made, AND to Phil and super team of mods who are the vital glue that keeps this whole crazy mess going strong (and props to the "taxonomy-bot" Pinguiculaman for trying to make sure we stay accurate.. the "bot" reference is something I found hilarious from a frustrated poster in a thread where the taxonomy had gone right to heck, and Pingman studiously fixed every mistake with helpful notes and everything- our hobby is confusing enough so such effort is extremely important)
So yes, overall my short time here has been a really great experience, the flowers indeed seem like some kind of tangible representation of the spirit hereabouts...

"Dan" out
biggrin.gif
(that's for you by the way, johnscott)

Yup yup yup...finest folks here in the world.
smile.gif
Thanks Carl, for a pat on the back especially for Phearless Leader Phil who is so kind to give us this community. And I like "taxonomy-bot" for Joseph...lol...he is a wonder trying to keep us in line. Maybe shorten it to "Taxo-bot"?

I say...YAY for plants and flowers! Life would be so grey without them.

Back