What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First cp trip

• Thread starter Ozzy
  • Start date
  • Tags
    bugs
Maybe it was an eagle or crane's nest? Or perhaps that's where the BOOGEYMAN sleeps at night. hehehe

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]The most popular home remedy for which there is little justification is to dab nail polish on the welt. This cannot "smother" the chigger because it has not burrowed into your skin, and it was probably scratched off long ago. The only benefit to applying a thick coat of nail polish is that it helps to remind you not to scratch the bite

Well, in the last 24 hrs I have realized that Off does not work on chiggers. So far I have about 10 of them, and more keep poping up. I geuss I'll have to find another product that works better.

Aww that sucks Ozzy
smile_h_32.gif
I can't wait for the pic tho
smile.gif
~Niki~

My mother used to send me to summer camp with a talcum powder container with powdered sulfer in it. I would sprinkle that around my waist band and in my soxs at the top, dark moist places is where they like and...NO CHIGGERS!

OK everybody asked for them and here they are. Some chigger pics.

100_0481.jpg

100_0484.jpg

100_0482.jpg

100_0483.jpg

That's just a few of the 30+ chiggers that I have.

I hope you didn't spend too much on a new macro lens or anything.

ROFL Bruce.
laugh.gif

Ozzy...that's HOT!

Pak, wanna come scratch em?

Hey Ozzy,Nice legs
smile_m_32.gif
That was your leg right? *Niki*

[b said:
Quote[/b] (0zzy @ June 26 2005,10:25)]Well I got the pics from this trip uploaded finally. There are not desriptions but if you want to see the pics here they are.

http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrowse.asp?folder_id=1376609
Hey Ozzy,
Nice photos (of the CP - not the chiggers!!
smile_m_32.gif

Are some of those photos of S. flava var rubricorpora (red-tube) plants? I wasn't aware they were in the Green Swamp...

Thanks...that was fun.
smile.gif
I loved photos 406 and 399. Beautiful plants and scenes.

And NO I don't want to scratch your chiggers.
confused.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Trapper7 @ June 27 2005,1:37)]Hey Ozzy,Nice legs
smile_m_32.gif
That was your leg right? *Niki*
Some people has called it a leg before.

Ron as far as I know rubricorpora only grows in a small are in Fl.

xD Naugty!

Those were some cool CPs. I can't wait to go on a little "bog stomping" trip of my own some day.

DAng Ozzy you are lucky to see some many VFTS. I'm impressed with all the color variations. I saw flava var. maxima, flava var. flava and flava var. cuprea in your photos.

Tre you forgot Var. ornata.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (0zzy @ June 27 2005,6:30)]Ron as far as I know rubricorpora only grows in a small are in Fl.
Hey Ozzy,
That was also my understanding (I don't know how small though). Picts 407 & 408 threw me off with the strong backlighting.

I think the VFT photos are a good example of how variable VFTs can be and still be "typical." There are some real beauties there.

Back