What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

elgecko

I've got a magic window!
smile_n_32.gif

I went a little camera happy today and snapped a few shots.

For us CP growers these shots make great centerfolds.
smile_m_32.gif

ceph.jpg

Cephalotus follicularis

Dlusitanicum.jpg

Drosophyllum lusitanicum

Dsessilifolia.jpg

Drosera sessilifolia

Pesseriana.jpg

Pinguicula esseriana

Plusitanica.jpg

Pinguicula lusitanica

Pmoranensis.jpg

Pinguicula moranensis - I hope it turns as pink as it did last year growing outside. The plant has only been out a few weeks.

Sminor.jpg

Sarracenia minor (Long County GA.)

mini.jpg

My little minibog with VFT's - Dentate Traps, Red Dragons, Typicals. Some Drosera filiformis ssp. filiformis FL Red seedlings and Drosera rotundifolia. I sprinkled a few Pinguicula lusitanica seeds I see are germinating.

Gorgeous! Ok...I'm in deep envy~

OMG!!! Your plants are absolutely gorgeous!!!!! I'm soooooo jealous!Not to mention you are an awesome photographer!Good job! ~Niki~
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

*growl* Hubba hubba.
smile_m_32.gif

Oooo la la...thanks for sharing.

Really cool pics!

I was wondering, what soil mix did you use for your little mini bog? I'm thinking of making my own sometime soon. Also, how do you keep it nice and wet for the CPs? They look really healthy!

Were those pics recently taken? My VFT woke up a few months ago and it's off to a really rough start. It's got some traps but they're really small and yours are already so healthy looking! How do you do it?

Beautiful! Nice photos and very happy and healthy looking plants.
smile.gif

I really like P. esseriana...it has such a compact look and pretty upturned leaves. I have one that's green like yours and another that's totally pink.

Thanks for the comments.

ChronoKiento,
The minibog, I think is around 6" deep (at work now so I can not measure). It had 1 drainage plug on the bottom. I used RTV to make it watertight and not leak from the plug. I then drilled 2 drainage holes about 2" up from the bottom on the back so not noticeable.
I placed a thick layer of dried LFS on the bottom and then filled with my soil mix of peat moss, perlite and sand. A thin top layer of dried LFS.

The picture was taken yesterday (6/15/05). The Dentate Traps and Red Dragons do not look bad at all, but the Typicals on the right hand side of the photo are in rough shape. I cut the flower stalks off those plants to save energy to get them healthy again.
I do have a typical in a pot that looks great. In fact I've never seen so many flower stalks come from what looks like maybe 2 or 3 divisions in the pot. I cut 7 or 8 flower stalks off it, because it makes large traps and want to see how big they get this year. It's traps are larger then the typicals in the minibog averaging 1 5/8". The ones in the minibog only get around 1 1/8". Next year I will be getting rid of the typicals in the minibog and plant the one with the large traps in it.

PAK,
How much light does your P. esseriana so that it turns pink?

Wow. When did your VFTs wake up? I woke up my sole surviver in the middle of March I beleive.

Nice pics, but can ya make your watermarks bigger and more distracting?
smile_m_32.gif

Oh, I didn't know they were called watermarks. Lol.

I thought it was going to be pics of the kicker from the movie, "Necessry Roughness". Deja vu!

Crap, now i'm disappointed.

Oh well, nice plants anyway!

Back