What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So, what do you do for a living

• Thread starter jimscott
  • Start date
[b said:
Quote[/b] (BigCarnivourKid @ June 18 2005,5:10)]I get paid to take poop off about 4,000 people.

"poop" huh?  I think the original word was descriptive enough
smile_n_32.gif

Silly filters!!
Man I would hate to have your job!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BigCarnivourKid @ June 18 2005,8:10)]I get paid to take poop off about 4,000 people.

"poop" huh?  I think the original word was descriptive enough
smile_n_32.gif

Silly filters!!
Steve, last week I received and had to set up 10 sets of Wastewater Treatment Plant samples for TCLP, ASTM, & ZHE analysis. That led to seemingly endless slow filtering of whatever the treatment plants were collecting from sewer line filters. It was almost like being there!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hortman @ June 18 2005,7:59)]Scot, we are open year-round. Sept. and Oct. are WONDERFUL times to be in Maine. The hoards of tourists are gone, many of the leaves are down...creating many more sightlines of the water everywhere, rates are down, the beautiful autumn sun makes everthing golden. Do you get the idea I love it here?

Contact me when you know your travel plans and I'll be glad to give you a tour.
thanks John,
I will do that!
im not sure if we will make it to Boothbay this time, we will mostly be staying in the Baxter park area and Acadia..
but on the way home we plan to take 3 days just to slowly wander down the coast from Acadia..
would that be "up west"? ;)
so we will probably visit the Boothbay region again..
I want to stop at a museum in Alna Center, so we will be in the area..

we love Maine too! and I know what you mean about September-October..great time to visit.

thanks!
Scot

well im a traffic management foreman to those in the US it means shutting down (i think you call it freeways) for contractors to get in to dodge areas on the motorways.Gets hairy sometimes and have had a few mates hit by cars one badly but its a rush sometimes.
Cheers Julian

[b said:
Quote[/b] (chesara @ June 19 2005,11:50)]Cheers Julian
Julian, you just made a liar out of me!
smile_n_32.gif
I was telling LauraZ5 that you and she both sign off by writing, "Bye for now." Now she won't believe me!
smile_l_32.gif

I've worked selling Cutco knives, the Department of Defense, telemarketing, web design/conference coordinator intern at SGI, more web design, technology training, and for the last 4 years have been teaching teachers how to teach students using technology properly. And I'm a Blackboard administrator (for those of you in school).

It is true most of the time
smile.gif

Bye for now JUlian

I'm an engineer for Nikon in the photo-lithography area of the semi-conductor industry, been at it for about 8 years now. Prior to that I was haze, gray and underway in the United States Navy for nearly 10 years.

JJ

Software Engineer for Medical Implants. I prefer to think of myself as a software superhero, but most the time I'm just a bug exterminator.
smile_m_32.gif

Worked as a mechanic for general Motors for 8 years.
For the last 5 years I have switched to the life of processing hydrocarbons in gas plants, operating equipment and controls.
Now I operate a gas plant as a 3 class power engineer, extracting ethane and propane+ from a major fuel gas feed line to a plastic plant in Alberta Canada. Life is good.
smile.gif

I find it interesting how C/Pr's come from all walks of life.
Later Stephen

Back