What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any south koreans here?

seedjar

Let's positive thinking!
So every few months I start to feel pangs of guilt over losing touch with my host family from when I went on student exchange to Korea. Shortly after I returned from my exchange, my computer broke down and I lost my host brother's email address. I feel particularly awful about losing touch with them because my host brothers were 5 and 7 (their family was a last-minute stand in for the family I was supposed to stay with) and I worry that they've taken my lack of correspondance personally. I want to send them some snail mail to get back in touch, but I haven't been able to find anyone who can tell me if the information I have is adaquate. I know the name of their apartments and their suite, and that they're in Cheonan, but I have no postal code. Is there anyone out there familiar with the South Korean postal service? I also have their phone number, but only seven digits with no area code. I would be eternally greatful to anyone who can help. Thanks!
~Joe

Maybe try here:

Republic of Korea Consulate General In Seattle WA
2033 Sixth Avenue, #1125
Seattle, WA 98121
Telephone: (206) 411-1011
Fax: (206) 441-7912

I know 4 south koreans, all go to my school(3 now......my friend Saem went back to Korea a few months ago) theres also a few more.....but they are in primary school whereas im in secondary school.

Il find out the south korea telephone code for you, and il find out about the postal service and weather they use a post code(not all onice guyries use a post code, Italy doesnt, for example)

Hey, thanks guys. I'm going to try that consulate number and see if I can't get some information from the agency that arranged my exchange. Dino, any information your friends could provide would be great. In particular, I'm wondering if I can get away with not including a street name. When my host parents gave me all their information in case I got lost, they didn't give me a street name, just the name of their apartment complex... hopefully that will be adaquate. It's owned by the Ssang-Yeong conglomorate, which owns complexes all over Korea (in addition to making cars and electronics and all sorts of other stuff - quite industrious folks.) I'm hoping that there's only one Ssang-Yeong complex in Cheonan; I spotted four or five when I visited Seoul, which doesn't bode well...
~Joe

hi seedjar, sorry for the delay but I have your information now

When sending a letter you HAVE to include the apartements name, ANd its floor, AND its number
You have to write the name of the city
You have to include a postal code
and you have to sometimes write in the street name, but I dont know if you have to do so in this case or not

Thanks! Things have been crazy around here for the last few weeks but as soon as I have some time I'll try to shoot off a test letter. I hope it works!
~Joe

Back