What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The (un)official heavy metal appreciation thread!

Gwar is indeed a fantastic show! I saw them in 1987/1988 when they were wearing tinfoil helmets and had props made of cardboard! All the way to the current stage show with actual sculpted latex props, koolaid "blood kegs" and everything. I love those guys - I must have seen them at least 25 times!

"I'm in love with a dog named pookie"
smile_n_32.gif

SoulFly is...............Electric Tribal music. Very earthy percussions laced with heavy riffs and the vocals are Portuguese and native tongues of various tribal communities. The singer was born and raised in Brazil. Max Cavalera is his name. Nail Bomb is a political band against the mistreatment of native tribal communities.

GWAR has to be the oddest show I've seen. I've seen them a few times myself. Very good interaction with the crowd - alot of fun to see them.

Joe

Joe, All of Sepultura is from Brazil, Max left to form Soulfly. We interviewed Sepultura on the Tattoo the Earth concert tour (sans Max) a few years ago. I never saw such enormous joints! I imagined the outside of the tour bus looked like that cheech & chong movie with all the smoke pouring out the car windows!
smile_n_32.gif

(*not an endorsement of illegal activity)

Black Sabbath
Blue Cheer (the very first metal band)
Gwar
Skinny Puppy
Metallica (Kill 'em All, Ride the Lightning, Garage Days)
Slayer(South of Heaven)
Iron Maiden
Megadeath

Max is a really cool guy in person. Very normal for a guy with the money and attention he could have.
I had a friend who was dieing of brain cancer; when Soulfly came to Omaha, me and a couple other people talked to him and at the show he had my friend come up on stage for the whole show and sing and whatever. The friend died a year later but he always wanted to meet him and it happened for him. Max is a good guy. and a very heavy pot smoker - Big Bambui

Joe

Does anyone here listen to a genre called "rock en Espanol?" it's really heavy, and really good. Aprilh

Back