What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Today is Litha...summer solstice

• Thread starter PlantAKiss
  • Start date

PlantAKiss

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, Engl
Greetings to all on the day of Litha...the summer solstice!
smile.gif
Longest day of the year to give homage to light and life. Celebrate today for tomorrow the light will begin its slow retreat. The faeries will rock tonite! The Sun God has reached his strongest peak...and now will slowly withdraw a little each day.

A midsummer night's dream--
Celebrate Jack-o-Green
upon his throne of mighty oak
decked in emeralds and posies
of wisteria, lily and roses.
Faeries will gambol in fading light
that tomorrow
begins its slow flight...
to bow before the Harvest
and longer nights.

Happy Solstice!

So sad to see the light go...

Merry Litha! Blessed Be!

Well I'm sure my plants will enjoy the extra few minutes of sunlight! ^_^

Soak it up today! See how late it is when darkness finally comes. Too bad we can't freeze the sun for a few months.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (PlantAKiss @ June 21 2005,2:57)]Soak it up today!  See how late it is when darkness finally comes.  Too bad we can't freeze the sun for a few months.
Technically, it's not the sun, but rather, the tilt of the earth, giving rise to both hotter weather and longer days.

Leave it to the physicist to suck all the joy out of mysticism...
smile_n_32.gif

smile_n_32.gif
lol Party pooper.

Thank goodness you can not freeze the sun, because I would burn and then have to join the red hot chili peppers.
smile_n_32.gif

Nice peom PAK.
smile.gif

lol I burn like a hot dog on a grill in the sun.
smile.gif
And I love The Red Hot Chili Peppers. Ya gotta love a band who performs wearing nothing but...ONE sock.
smile_l_32.gif

I spent last night at Ocean Beach here in SF, watching the sun go down. Other than the gale-force winds (ok, they were actually only ~30mph) it was great watching the sun set on the longest day of the year.
smilie4.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SarraceniaScott @ June 21 2005,3:24)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (PlantAKiss @ June 21 2005,2:57)]Soak it up today!  See how late it is when darkness finally comes.  Too bad we can't freeze the sun for a few months.
Technically, it's not the sun, but rather, the tilt of the earth, giving rise to both hotter weather and longer days.

Leave it to the physicist to suck all the joy out of mysticism...  
smile_n_32.gif
this is but one of the many reasons why physics sucks
smile_n_32.gif

i always thought Quantum physics was kinda cool.

Back