What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The best defense against unfortunate cp losses

...is to distribute your plants to other growers.

You guys are great!

After my mini-disaster with aphids and over-drowning plants, and losses of a few of my Utrics and sundews, many of you responded with offers to replace my plants freely.

Thanks, everybody!

I use ladybugs to rid my plants of aphids. I feel a wee bit guilty when my saracenia's fill to the brim with the ladybugs, but the plants have to eat too, right?
smile.gif

very true Scott, hence the reason ive gotten the U. aureomaculata out into the hands of quite a few growers. if the darn thing takes a dump on me i want to get it again. there are quite a few growers out there who like the noteriety of having the rare stuff that no one else does and want to keep it that way. that attitude doesnt do any good for the hobby and generally will come back to bite yah if you lose some plants. thankfully i really havent run across that attitude here very much, unlike some other boards. sure everyone wants the rare stuff but we as a group really dont care if someone eles has it too, plus we like to pick each others brains on how everyone else is growing the same species
smile_n_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rattler_mt @ June 23 2005,11:57)]there are quite a few growers out there who like the noteriety of having the rare stuff that no one else does and want to keep it that way.
Not me. If I get something rare, I will propagate it as furiously as I can, and offer it freely.

Give me a rare Utric, and i will do my best to make it as ubitquitous as U. livida!

SarraceniaScott,you are very kind,I've gotten a few seeds from you for free,and that is very generous of you,thank you!~Niki~
smile.gif

Back