What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My cat is having kittens...

My cat "Mini" is having her kittens right now as I type. She's hardly a year old, I don't even think she is a year old. She's close if she isn't. Anyway, this is her first litter and it WAS NOT planned. My stupid step dad kept letting the door open and she got out.

She has had one kitten so far. It's black and white and It's doing fine. She had it about 15 minutes ago. I think she's gonna have at least 3. She was pretty big for such a small cat. At least I hope it's only 3... Anyways, I'll keep everyone updated.

Wooh! lol Congratulations, even if it was unplanned. I hope that everything goes smoothly! I'll be looking for your updates!

Well so far everything is going smoothly. She just had her second kitten. I didn't know until I heard a really loud squeak. It has announced its' birth. Now it's 6:52 PM. Both of the kittens look like their mother but they are a little darker. I'll update as soon as the next kitten arrives.

Edit: Whoa...she' had 3 so far. The last one she had just kind of snuck up on me. I'm hoping she's done having them now. 3 is quite enough. x.x;

Congratulations and encourage step dad or mom to get her spayed.

Awwwww...congratulation.
smile.gif
But I'll second Bruce's suggestion.

I hope you can post a pic of them. I'll bet they are so cute.

Your in for it now!
(Waits for PETA to break down the door with an ecologically friendly, recycled battering ram and instantly spay your cat with an ice pick.)
Seriously I think your cat having kittens is great! If you keep them and make sure to sociallize them and pet them from a very early age on, they will bond to you.
I have four cats. My smallest, plumpest cat is Cleo, she has no neck(just a roll) and her tiny, skinny legs look like they shouldn't be able to lift her meatloaf-like body(but she is losing weight due to a diet). People ask if she is pregnant(she is fixed). I find this funny.

I have a digicam but the pics come out blurry when I take them. Plus I need the software for my computer. As for getting her spayed. My sister (who was the one that wanted to keep her so badly) was supposed to take her to the vet in January but she never did. When she went into heat everytime someone opened the door I'd run out and make sure she didn't get outside. She got outside a few times and I had to fish her out from under bushes so many times. People in my household have a habit of ignoring every darn thing I say so it's not my fault, which is why I WILL NOT allow my step dad to take her to the pound, which is what he keeps threatening to do. But I've become attached to so many cats over the past 2 years and they keep getting ripped away and I'm sick of suffering for something I didn't do. Therefore I'm keeping them in my room away from the door and away from my step dad. It's his fault she's here anyway. He brought her mother home last year and she had two kittens, he had rescued her from the winter. So then she kept getting out and get pregnant again and had a whopping 7 KITTENS. Mini is one of those kittens that my sister begged to keep. At this point I almost completely ignored the kittens so that I wouldn't get attached to them. It was hard to get rid of the mother because I was attached to her. My mom took her to the pound without even telling me, same with Ziggy, (Mini's brother). And when we took Haze to the pound she made me go along. I've never been so angry with them but I think my mom is finally on my side. Anways, Mini is done having birth and she's had 3 kittens. That's a good number, becuase it's not a big one. They all look like Mini right now and they look really healthy. If anyone is in my area and wants a kitten or two. Let me know. I've already gotten a home for one of them lined up.

Wow, long post, sorry. ^_^;

Please have mom spayed as soon as the kittens are weaned......if you can. Kittens are SO cute.

Aww that's great news.I'm sorry you've had so many heart breaks tho,that's really sad.So you're not going to keep any of them?It's good that you already have a home for one of them
smile.gif
I hope they stay healthy
smile.gif
Take care! ~Niki~
cool.gif

Back