What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Silver surfer

• Thread starter swords
  • Start date
I just had to do something with him before he dried up and crumbled to bits. He's been sitting on the shelf finished this far for like a year. I think this was my first foray into musclar sculpting, hence the crummy anatomy. I know I'd never be able work him enough to do anything else before the clay became useless so the easy out was to just plate him in chrome and remove the ears and call him the Silver Surfer, scout for Galactus the Devourer of Worlds.
I know he hasn't got a surfboard but hey, it's a bust statue!

silver1.jpg

silver2.jpg

silver3.jpg

silver4.jpg

silver5.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Nice PaintJob Josh
biggrin.gif

He looks GREAT, Galactus would be proud of this one-
Question- How the HECK didya get the chrome finish to look like that??? It almost looks like ya vac-metal-ed it. Beautiful!!

The base is a cool twist too BTW- second-hand shops are really useful for bases (I grab all my wooden bases at the local one- lots of bad plaques and trophy bases and stuff that are already finished for DIRT cheap)

Thanks! The metallic effect is due to Testors Model Master enamels ('chrome silver'). I've looked for a silver that would dry like this for years. All the other "chromes" I've had were never actually reflective... like they'd show on their labels!
smile_h_32.gif

WOW awesome!!!*Niki*

Awsome...love the metal look.
smile.gif

Back