What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello, and you?

So this looks like a good plant forums to be. Might I introduce myself. I'm Cassie, in Ohio. I'm 18 just graduating from a vocational school taking Horticulture. My main interest is animals which hope to go to college for. (I have 1 Beagle, 2 Rabbits, 2 Degus, 1 Chinchilla, 9 Mice, 1 Ameiva, 1 Veiled Chameleon, 2 Leopard Geckos, 1 Crested Gecko, and fish) And my second hobby is plants. I have many palms, succulents, and cati. I just recently started my CP collection. I started out putting them all in a terrarium, was told it was a bad thing, moved FTs outside. They seemed to do better. And now with more research and learning.. I have a bog garden placed outside and a terrarium inside. I have typical VFTs and Burnswick Beauty PP in my bog and LLSundews in my terrarium inside. So I'm taking it there is a lot of people here, nice to meet everyone.

Tink,

Welcome! I am also new to the world of CPs and these forums. I will tell you that people here are VERY generous with information and with plants. As long as you can get a grasp on all the abbreviations and also keep in mind that not everyone is an expert, you will enjoy all these wonderful folks. There is truly a wealth of good information in these forums if you take the time to sift through it all.

Again...welcome,

John

Thank you =)

Welcome Tink! WOW you love animals just like me!I've got 2 large dogs,3 ferrets,1 rabbit,3 rats,fish and I just got a 1 month old female Veiled Chameleon three days ago.I'm also fairly new to CP's.I've only been into them for 4 months now,but the people here are AWSOME!Very nice and helpful.I hope you have a good time here!WELCOME!!! ~Niki~(*Trapper7*)
cool.gif
laugh.gif
smile.gif

Welcome to the forums Tink!

Howdy tink! I thought that pineapple looked familiar when I saw it- you part of the LJCPS? If not, it's one extremely bizarre coincidence. I just joined up there so it's funny that you joined up here right now. Aaaanyhoo- welcome to for forums! There are lots of great folks here and lots to be learned, it's good to have you here.
smile.gif

--Jonathan

Welcome to the forums.

Welcome to the forums Tink.
smile.gif
And thank you for the nice introduction.

You have found a good place to be. There are CP lovers, plant lovers, animal lovers and fish/reptile lovers here.

We have lots of active members and we get new ones all the time. As Hortman said, this is an amazing community and I hope you take advantage of the information and friendship available here.

BTW...I love your name.
smile.gif

Suzanne/PAK

Hi Tink/ Cassie and welcome to the discussion forums! Yup, there's a lot of people here... and a few other critters. Ohio? Ever hear of Hillsboro? Probably not. Anyways, dive in and ask away. An ameivia? I haven't seen those in years. Your critter collection sounds a lot like Trapper7. No fish?

Come on Scott, wake up!
smile_n_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ](I have 1 Beagle, 2 Rabbits, 2 Degus, 1 Chinchilla, 9 Mice, 1 Ameiva, 1 Veiled Chameleon, 2 Leopard Geckos, 1 Crested Gecko, and fish)

welcome!

very cool your probably the only person other than me on the forums who has Degus. ive got 7(1 male 1 female and 5 babies) i also have 3 chins and a few snakes. welcome to the forums!

Hi welcome to the forums.

Are you thinking of going to school to be a vet or a wildlife bio.?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]animal lovers and fish/reptile lovers here.
fish and reptiles are animals lol
welcome! as my title thing says, I'm a nature freak.
as for animals, I have two lovebirds, a guineapig, and random things like fruit flies :p

[b said:
Quote[/b] (elgecko @ June 27 2005,11:53)]Come on Scott, wake up!
smile_n_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ](I have 1 Beagle, 2 Rabbits, 2 Degus, 1 Chinchilla, 9 Mice, 1 Ameiva, 1 Veiled Chameleon, 2 Leopard Geckos, 1 Crested Gecko, and fish)
LOL! Oops, my bad! Must be breathing in too many chemicals!

Yeah JimScott JEEEZ!
smile_n_32.gif
Haha,I also noticed that PAK wrote animals and then put fish and reptiles as well
smile_n_32.gif
And what exactly is am Ameiva? *Niki*
laugh.gif

an amoeba is a protist.
There are 6 kingdoms of life- archae (bacteria-like prokaryotes that live in extreme environments, such as cow's intestines. LOL), eubacteria (regular bacteria, prokaryotic), animalia (the multicellular heterotrophs everyone is familiar with) , protista (eukaryotes, they're like the garbage can. for example if something acts like an animal but is unicellular, or things like algae, fungus-like protists, etc) , and plantae (I think that's how you spell it... you should know what they are)

I think an amoeba and ameiva are two different things. lol Who keeps amoebas as pets?

Of course Ozzy has a collection of chiggers for pets...
smile_l_32.gif

Wow, thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

Jonathan - It's my pineapple! Yeah, I'm a part of LJCPS also. What is your name there? Mine is xotink. That is very bizarre =P

Jimscott - Hillsboro does sound familiar, but not familiar enough that I have been there. You also from Ohio?

Any Ohioans here?

rattermt - Thats awesome that you have Degus too. A lot of people don't even know what they are. I have 2 males.

gawd - I'm really wanting to go to school for Vet Tech within a year. I'm not really sure what I wanna do with it though, but along the lines of exotic.

And yes all I have fish. *lol* We only keep goldfish and catfish.

jimscott(yes, again) - chemicals are bad. =P

Trapper - I have a Green Ameiva. He's about a foot long lizard. Not exactly tamable, super fast. But very interesting. Heres a pic. =)
8778Dino2.jpg

WOW nice lizard!He's gorgeous
smile.gif
I know what Degu's are,they are very cute.My mom wants one
smile_n_32.gif
Thanks for explaining it to me
cool.gif
*Niki*

Back