What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What email do you use and why?

Kyle, thank you for your advice! Small update: I cajoled my son into looking at it last night and eventually, he figured out that somehow theh dial up was attempting to go through the now deleted Total Access. The icons were still on the desktop. So he went to startup and connected through Earthlink 5.0, our ISP and it worked. I do have a surge protector and McAffee anti-virus, but that needs updating. This may be Windows 98 and a dial up connection, but once I got rid of Total Access the pc runs normally. I will look into avast, though. All seems to be normal, now. I just have to plow through the Gmail settings and security - after work.

Good to hear that it wasn't a fried modem! Modems are semi-easy to install but the software is kind of.."delicate" to install. Well that hardware is too. You have to push it in with force but.. "gentle force" it can be really aggravating. x.x Well anyways, hope you get your computer running smoothly again!

I use a GMail account. It is fun trying to fill it up, just because of the fact that they give you so much space to begin with.
I personally like GMail more than Yahoo or Hotmail, just because it seems more organized, IMO.

All I have to do now is read and update to whatever spam or popup or other security features it offers.

Back