What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ah... fruitflies

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
I have the majority of my plants at the lab, in an upper apartment next door. It is hot up there! I opened a window and filled a few cups with banana peels, wild strawberries, and orange rinds. I placed them in startegic places at the window and the plants. I knocked one of the cups over yesterday and a bunch of fruitflies flew out of there, like bats out of a cave. I can see my D. adelae & P. primuliflora deriving the benefits of this.

Anybody else do anything similar?

no but you gave me some good ideas
smile.gif

There's no way in you know where that I'm going to do that in my room. Good luck with your demonic flies
biggrin.gif

well, auctually i do something like that.

i'll find a big antpile and shovel the dirt into a gallon ziplock bag. freeze it and then put the dirt in water. as the dirt disolves the ants float to the top and i skim em off with a fishtank net.

makes a great snack for the dewies!

I have heard of people like you.
smile.gif
I can not call ever raising flies just for my sundews.

Well a least you daughter is not doing it this time. I guess.

hm... I gave some ants to my sundews and the leaves they were on turned brown (all the way) and died. They were tiny ants too. I'm guessing the formic acid killed the leaves.

really? i use the lil black ones.

listen to us. we have lost it.

me too! I found them crawling on my bird seed.

Ohhh boy!~Niki~
smile_n_32.gif

Back