What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aaarrrggghhhhhh  cats!

vft guy in SJ

VFT and Drosera lover
doa.JPG

Well today I was preparing to mail out some plants that I have promised to people.

The first step was to seperate the large clump of VFTs and repot the ones I wasnt sending. Step 1 went smooth as silk, I brought in my plant, popped it out of its pot, broke off the media and seperated the individual rosettes.

When it came time for step 2, I discovered that I did not have enough prepared soil media for my needs. I went out on the patio for 2 mins to bring in a bucketfull of peat and sand. In the 2 mins I was outside, my cat, the orange plant eating furball from hell, had eaten the traps off at least half a dozen stems. 1 plant is completely bald now, and another is lookin pretty unhappy.  *sigh* Why oh why did I ever get a cat? lol

Steve

ps. Anyone want a slightly dead orange cat? lol  j/k

Keep the cat submerged in the bathtub, and apply way more pressure than you think you need to to strangle it.

Or take the varmint out back, and blast 'em with a shotgun.

hey, I just noticed something else.... at roughly 23:55 Pacific time tonight will be my 2 year aniversary on TF. Wow time flies when you are amongst such a terrific group of people.

Thanks to all who have made this the best darn online plant community in the world. I look forward to many more years here
smile.gif

Cheers
Steve

I don't like cats either.They are ok if you like them,I just have no use for them.

Jerry

Sorry to hear about your plants. If that happened to me I'd be so mad I'd probably take the clippers to the cat.

>;-D

Sorry to hear that.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (cool85k5 @ June 30 2005,9:03)]I don't like cats either.They are ok if you like them,I just have no use for them.

Jerry
Jerry what are you talking about!?

Cat..... the other white meat.

I like cats,they taste like chicken.LOL

Jerry

Dogs eat plants, and taste like chicken, too.

Ummm, is your cat by any chance blind? I can't look at that cat without getting really creeped out, it's looks like a fluffy alien or something!

Cats are evil but that's why I love em.They run into walls and stuff.

AND NO MEOWBURGERS FOR YOU!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (elgecko @ June 30 2005,10:29)]Sorry to hear that.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (cool85k5 @ June 30 2005,9:03)]I don't like cats either.They are ok if you like them,I just have no use for them.

Jerry

But Steve, we both have cats!

Anecdote: I had gotten my wife a Waterford budvase shortly after we got married. She put a single rose in it and placed on the mantle of the fire place. In the middle of the night, we awoke to a crash and I heard Lynn exclaim, "Oh no!!!!!!" Apparently, our cat was intrigued by the flower and knocked the budvase to the floor, breaking it.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ChronoKiento @ July 01 2005,12:22)]Ummm, is your cat by any chance blind? I can't look at that cat without getting really creeped out, it's looks like a fluffy alien or something!

Cats are evil but that's why I love em.They run into walls and stuff.

AND NO MEOWBURGERS FOR YOU!
lmfao.. No shes not blind. From the perspective that the photo is taken, she is not only looking up into the fluorescent light behind me, she is also looking at the flash from the camera.

Creeped out? How can you say that? She is really one of the prettiest cats I have ever seen (which is prolly why she is such a stuck up #$%*@! lol).

Evil.. yeah shes got a streak of that in her too.. lol. Still I contribute all of her irrational behavior to back when she was a kitten and ran full-force, head-on into the couch leg. I am SURE that did some brain damage.. lol

Cheers
Steve

Lol, yes yes, the angle of her eyes makes them...freaky! I think my cats are starting to rub off on me because I ran into my door today. x.x I could've sworn it was open!

BTW, has anyone ever walked through your pitch black house with your hands full of fragile things with a cat weaving in and out of your legs with each step. You could swear they were trying to trip you! My cat succeeded in doing that once. x.x

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jimscott @ July 01 2005,3:25)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (elgecko @ June 30 2005,10:29)]Sorry to hear that.

[b said:

Jerry

But Steve, we both have cats!
Scott,
I just do not have as many as the last time you were down.
smile_n_32.gif
smile_m_32.gif

So the one with the hairball is no longer with us?
smile_k_ani_32.gif
confused.gif

Back