What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cps @ thinkgeek

I've seen that set before in teaching supply catalogs and stuff. I like how they've photoshopped the image to make it look as though those mature plants were actually growing inside that dome.
~Joe

OMG! that set SUCKS!!!  
mad.gif

huge huge huge major false advertising..
first of all, its SEEDS..
it will take 5 years, of growing seeds outdoors, with a dormancy every winter, to get plants that will look even remotely like the ones in the photo..
and the photo was totally made with photoshop..
the sarrs are cut-off and their tops stuck in the peat!
and check out their guarantee!

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]NOTE: Unlike Insta-Pets™like Sea Monkeys or Triops, your carnivorous plant set will take several weeks to get started. But have patience friends, the blood-curdling plant-on-insect action will be worth the wait! We guarantee it or pay us double!

if you arent satisfied, you can pay THEM double!
such a deal! ;)

that is bad as those terrible "Bonsai kits" you can buy..with seeds!..and no mention that it will take 10 YEARS to get a tree that looks remotely like anything on the package!
grrrrrrr..

Scot

hmmmm..ok.
they arent THAT bad..
they are actually being (mostly) responsible and explaining proper care!
they say "use rain or distilled" and suggest an 8-week stratification for the seeds..
and they give proper soil recipes..they have at least done some homework..

im not sure "BOILING rain water" is such a great idea..
and they still say nothing about how it will take 5 years for the plants to look anything like the photo..
and they do say you CAN use tap water if you let the cholrine dissipate..bad bad bad..naturally everone will use tap if they think its ok..who is going to bother to collect rain water or buy distilled if the instructions say you can get water out of the kitchen faucet??

(and the photo is blatant false advertising.)
but still...its much better than most..they are at least making a good effort to educate..and they provide info about the ICPS!!
so ok..I give them partial credit..
they should remove the thing about using tap water, say NEVER use tap water, and clearly state FIVE YEARS until your plants look like the ones on the box!

http://www.dunecraft.com/resources/CarnivorousGarden.pdf

Scot

[b said:
Quote[/b] (scottychaos @ July 01 2005,8:33)]OMG! that set SUCKS!!!  
mad.gif

huge huge huge major false advertising..
LOL! you don't mince words! It rreminds me of Lowe's / Botanical Wonders plastic cubes. It looks attractive, but....

Back