What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Happy fourth of july!

• Thread starter PlantAKiss
  • Start date

PlantAKiss

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, Engl
Happy Fourth of July to everybody! Rest, eat, celebrate!

I hope you have a sparkly and safe holiday!
smile.gif

huh?
confused.gif
a, i missing something? cos its a normal working day here

Oh Starman, the 4th of July is an American holiday. It is the day the U.S. declared our independence from the U.K.
smile_m_32.gif

To all the Americans in here, Happy 4th of July!

Freedom, Freedom, Freedom, Oy! Freedom, Freedom, Freedom, Oy!
biggrin.gif

HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY to all you Americans out there
smile.gif

~Niki~
cool.gif

Yes, I guess its officially known as "Independence Day" but most people just say Fourth of July.  I believe I heard on the news its America's 229th Birthday.  Such a young little country...

For non-Americans: its typically celebrated with fireworks, parades, hot dogs (ugh), picnics, music (Star Spangled Banner, American the Beautiful, Stars and Stripes and the Overture of 1812) and all kinds of festivals.  The fireworks are the best.  
smile.gif
Oh yeah, and I believe today is the day a lot of non-US folks get sworn in as U.S. citizens.

My dog Ollie was a little rattled by the bottle rockets last nite.  He was not too thrilled.  Most of the fireworks will be tonite on the official day (although many folks started early over the weekend) so he prolly won't be too happy tonite...

Thanks Nikki...that's nice!

I only had to work half a day today,oh well.Happy fourth everyone!

Jerry

Happy 4th to all you Americans out there. I got to celerbrate with a nice barbecue with family, friends, and one
black bear. The bear didn't stop to eat, she was just passin through to the cherry trees in my back yard. Even if she wanted to eat i wasn't goin to stop her!

I'm glad u liked it PAK
smile.gif
Canada is only 138 years old,so compared to us the US is an old fart
smile_n_32.gif
J/K,don't beat me. ~Niki~

It's really nice that you shared your Canada Day pics with us and now you're wishing us well on the 4th of July. I'm so glad that Canadians and Americans can get along so well together.
smile.gif

Awww (tear) Thanks Ozzy,You're a pretty good neighbor
smile_m_32.gif
~Niki~
cool.gif

That's muuuuuuuuch better! You two were BAD!
smile_n_32.gif

But it was FUN!Now can someone please tell Andrew,that I'm not getting his PM's so I don't know if he's still mad at me,lol.~Niki~
biggrin.gif

Nevermind,I know the answer now
smile_h_32.gif
~Niki~

I was never mad. Just frustrated. I have before had people ask for my help, then attack my sugestions for a resolution. Yes that is very frustrating. I'm sorry, i didn't know you. And didn't know you were capable of such jokes. Otherwise, I probably would of caught on and not skipped my hot dinner to take care of the "situation". Cold chicken, mushy homony, cold cheese potatoes... my favorite dinner... LOL
smile_n_32.gif
Teach me to check on the forums right before dinner is served!!!
Andrew

Well you sure know how to make a person feel guilty.I am really sorry about your dinner and I am really sorry about this stupid joke I came up with.I can understand how you would be frustrated.I promise not to make another joke again...ever.I guess I'm just not very good at them. ~Niki~

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CNCreefer @ July 04 2005,1:24)]Oh Starman, the 4th of July is an American holiday. It is the day the U.S. declared our independence from the U.K.
smile_m_32.gif

To all the Americans in here, Happy 4th of July!
ah i see

But thats the day Britain lost its empire so we should lal be crying up here* cries eyes out* NO more american empire waaaahhhh!!!!
lol j/k
smile_n_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]But thats the day Britain lost its empire so we should lal be crying up here* cries eyes out* NO more american empire waaaahhhh!!!!

Lol! Good one, Dino! You don't want us, anyway. We're just up-start, obnoxious, ill-tempered miscreants. Well, I am, anyway!

Hope everyone had a great fourth!
We celebrated with BBQ's every day over the weekend. Nice.

Back