What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What cp's do well outside

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
What plants can be grown successfully in the Florida climate?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jimscott @ July 04 2005,1:22)]What plants can be grown successfully in the Florida climate?
Are you moving, Jim?
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Almost all of them except any highland plant or Darlingtonia.

Yeah Jim,are you moving?? ~Niki~
laugh.gif

Joe, Niki: This question isn't about me. This is an FLA resident wanting to grow CP's outside. I know that many CP's will do well because of its hot and humid climate, but it may be too much for others. Just like the Singaporeans who struggle with D. capensis, I thought that Floridians may struggle with some plants as well.

Oh ok,good! ~Niki~
smile.gif

i've heard tuberous are great year-round in central fl.

A better bet for a beginner would be D. multifida extrema outside. It's tolerant of high temps and it gets HUGE. It may need some protection in north florida. All coastal southeast warm temperate pings do well. I've heard in Florida P. planifolia is effortless to grow. Mexican pings would also do well, particularely ones that don't mind a moist dormancy. Also, lowland nepenthes would do well outside most of the year, even tricky ones like N. bicalcarata and N. northiana provided it gets shade and humididty.

well, with bicalcarata you really NEED warmth constantly. would be best in southern fla near miami.

Where are they at Jim? You can do anything in certain parts of FLA except Darlingtonia.

...Okay, what the hell, I know I posted in here..

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Treaqum @ July 06 2005,10:14)]Where are they at Jim?  You can do anything in certain parts of FLA except Darlingtonia.
WPB.

Back