What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sculpted on the 4th of july

• Thread starter swords
  • Start date
Actually just roughed in on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th but he's moving along very quickly. He's rather in an uninteresting pose but there will be a very dynamic element in the finished piece. I want it to have a look/feel of the WWII army recruiting posters, I want you to hear John Phillips Suza music just by looking at it, all big and dramatic! The shield here is just yanked off a 6" captain figure for the photos so it's not right sized.

captain1.jpg

captain2.jpg

captain3.jpg

captain4.jpg

Plenty of distance to go with finishing details and that goofy face the close up has almost a perfect CA profile though...

Funny subject for a whimpy hippy like myself but it's fun anyway!  
smile_n_32.gif

That "dynamic element" wouldn't have anything to do with flags, would it man???
Good work so far, as usual, the "scale mail" is especially sweet

And you're right on the profile- depending on what mask you gave him, you could have used it for daredevil as well, I like the semi-sneer/thousand-yard-stare on him either way

and PLEASE tell me you're doing the "proper" Cap with the wings and not that goofy "Ultimate" one

BTW- you didn't melt down the Manowarrior after giving up due to lack of source material for the feet AGAIN, did you
biggrin.gif
??

Wow,that's awesome! ~Niki~
biggrin.gif

You mean the denim mask with the wings and the stitched on "A"? I'm working from John Cassiday's art not sure what version of CA he does. I like it because in his drawings the scale mantles are heavier, the clothes look like denim boots and gloves like leather. I know the Shifflet Brothers put out Earth X CA who had no shirt or gloves and no mask just a flag draped over his shoulder like a toga- looking just like the bald cop from The Sheild TV show!

I've raised his crotch, butt and knees after these pics. It added so much to make his body more heroic but now he's 1/4" too tall according to Marvel height! He was 9.25" (=1/8th scale of 6'2") but now that ive fixed him this morning he's 9.5" aaarrggghh!

Manowar still lives (he was baked hard) but he's on the back burner at the moment, gotta whip a few superheroes/widely recognizable charachters into my portfolio so I can actually send it out to  potential clients sometime this year like I made a resolution to do. Then I'll get back to the fun personal projects, Manowar, onslaught, iron maiden. ...I may restart the manowar over again though!
smile_n_32.gif

Back