What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Back from long long drive.............

Thursday night Darla got the wild idea that we were going down to Colorado Springs to visit a friend of hers over our 4 day weekend. i didnt feel like the long drive but after some negotiating i agreed we would go. so we left Friday morning at about 9 am, i drove all the way down to Gillette WY before Darla took over. needless to say Darla got a speeding ticket before long, i was smart and played nascar through Montana she tried it through wyoming and got a $110 ticket for doing 87 in a 75. i took over again in Cheyanne, stopped and got $150 worth of fire works for her friends husband(the ones that are illegal to sell in CO) and off we went. i played nascar through Denver(I HATE DENVER!) and we hit Colorado Springs by 10:30 pm, not a record but not bad time either considering the stops we made.

Saturday we lounged around on the porch drinking pop and catching up. Sunday we went to the zoo and then i got ahold of Jeremiah Harris to make arraingments to make a quick stop over to see his collection and set up(one of the affore mentioned negotiated terms with Darla)

it is an excellent setup and i have to say those pics of his N. jacquelineae do it no justice, it is absolutly stunning in person. he was a wonderful tour guide, i wish i could have stayed more than the 15 or 20 minutes i was there.

after we left Jeremiahs we went back to Robins and a friend of heres was there looking to off load a puppy, it turns out her son was allegic to dogs and she couldnt keep her so now we have added a pure blood Schipperke to our lil zoo. beautiful lil 2 and a half month old pup. looks just like a lil black bear cub. ill get pics up later this week.

we drove back yesterday and it was uneventful.

Wow that sounds great!And you got a new puppy too
laugh.gif
Didn't you just get a pup recently?Well anyways,congrats! ~Niki~

It does sound fun. I'll bet Jeremiah's plants were amazing. And congrats on the new pup.
smile.gif

I thought you have to drive that far to pick up a carton of milk at the corner grocery.

That's a great breed - a friend of my wife's breeds & trains them and my parents used to have one.  And a friend at work has one too.  They aren't my style but they look cool and have a fascinating temperament.  Just try to keep her excitement level down as much as possible.

nah, just go down the road and milk the neighbors cow....no need to drive 12 hours for that fancy store boughten stuff. course the neighbor dont take kindly to it and his aim with that shot gun is improving some.
smile_n_32.gif
smile_m_32.gif

i have found out Bruce i am 12 hours or so from everywhere, its about 11 hours to Denver, 12 to Minniapolis, 15 or so to Seattle. i dont mind driving most places but i hate the wastelands of eastern Wyoming, and i HATE driving through Denver. give me most any stretch of road in Montana anyday, atleast there is stuff to look at and deer to dodge

Sounds like a neat trip,no cps from Jeremiah?LOL

Jerry

actually other than Neps he doesnt have a whole lot that im after. my Utric collection rivals his and im cutting down on my Drosera. he offered, i declined. i dont like traveling with plants anyways. i did pick up the Drosophyllum seeds that he offered last week while i was at his house.

Cool.What type plants are you looking for?

Jerry

basically a handfull of nepenthes species and hybrids(most of which Jeremiah had) and rarer Utrics Genlisea and Drosera

actually now that i look over his growlist there are a few things i should have asked about but then i would have had to keep track of them and kep them cool for a couple days. man i really wish i would have had more time to really look over his stuff. oh well maybe next trip down that way.

Back