What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Checking in from florida

Hey everyone wats goin on here? I arrived safely in Florida a couple days ago and we begin travelling to AL on Sunday, I plan on visiting some cool cp sites along the way, mainly in the FL panhandle, I PLAN on visiting: Crestview, Appalochiola National Forest (sp?), Baldwin County, Sumatra, and possibly some other sites in Alabama (Hurricane Creek is a possibility) I just plan on visiting and taking some nice pictures so keep your eyes out, I should have some soon, I wont be on here for a ehile though
bye for now,
Kirk

Sumatra??

Well it sounds like a fabulous trip! Take lots of pics.
smile.gif
Have a great time!

Sumatra?

can i come?

Sumatra is a little out of the way "hick" town in the northwest part of Florida - the kind of place you hope you don't have car trouble in because you know the people that stopped there before you probably got eaten by the locals.

lol. squeeeeeeeeeeel like a big boi!

The gas station there is wonderful. It is also the only convenience store in Apalachiacola. Oh and don't bother wasting time looking up and down hurricane creek nothing is left.

Alright I got the whole trip planned out, here is where i plan on visiting in order: Chatom, Deer Park, Citronelle, Perdido, Baldwin County, Milton, Crestview, Santa Rosa County, & Apalichiola National Forest. I hope to visit Bob Hanrahans bog hopefully if he doesn't mind.
EDIT: If anyone can please pm me with bogs in these areas I would be very greatfull, also If anyone has any way I can contact Bob Hanrahan that would be awesome.

Well good luck runniong around Baldwin and Santa Rosa counties. Only certain places have CPs. They aren't as loaded as you'd expect.

And no I will not give locations to anyone.

Kirk,
I may have some info of interest for you. I'll PM u with the info.

see if you cant find a Apalachiacola plumb tree to, there pretty rare

will try to keep my eye out for that one, I have the trip completely finished now, and here is where we are going, we leave nashville, TN on saturday and drive to Chatom, AL, after that we are going to Deer Park, Citronelle, and Perdido, AL in that order, after that we are stopping in sumatra, and other areas of the Appalachipola National Forest, on highway 65, then we are going home to Palm Bay, FL

Back