What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Terrorist attack

fabulous growing!

Not so fast... fabulous potting should be what you compliment me on. That plant was recently purchased and I haven't killed it yet!  Yay!

"And what about all the people that suffered in Iraq? They lived in conditions that wernt suitable for dogs, never mind humans. No one cares about them do they? NO ONE CARES that over 5 million people lived in terrible conditions. Its all WMD WMD WMD, no one cares about the human rights side of it"

I bet you didn't give a whit about the Iraqi people before Bush said you should...Saddam had been in power for about 30 years, after all.  Did you care about the Iraqi people 20 years ago?  10? 5? Saddam was doing all he had to do to keep his people under his thumb. And he did it well. Which is NOT endorsing what Saddam did...he did what any dictator does...See North Korea.  

Please quit pretending that your concern for the Iraqi people is more than 2 years old.  I'd bet good money that you didn't care about Saddam's torture of his own people until your heroes, W, and Rush Limbaugh said it was an issue.  

WMD is the reason your heroes sent us to war. WMD, WMD, WMD...it was all about the WMD (that Bush and Cheney said they had)that Saddam had that would reach Western Europe in 45 minutes(Bush/Blair), and on this basis,  Colin Powell(a very honourable man, IMO)was sent to the UN with all sorts of evidence of WMD.  Diagrams and drawings of the "Mobile WMD labs."  Of course, this evidence turned out to be pure fiction and purposeful lies, and the administration left Colin Powell to twist in the wind. Nice, huh?  

First it was "regime change", then it was "Saddam is a bad guy" then it was "WMD".  Can you say mission creep?  

I could have bought the Regime change/Saddam is a bad guy reason for war... Saddam should have been taken out of power about 30 years ago. He killed over 200,000 of his fellow countrymen, after all. I still question why we didn't go into North Korea for the same reasons. North Korea is a much bigger threat, so is Saudi Arabia. But your president chose to lie to the American people so he could help out his oil industry buddies.  Fine.

Let's see...Saddam and his fake WMD, or North Korea and their actual WMD, or Saudi Arabia and their Madrassas, the sponsoring country of 9/11.  Which of these would be the easiest and more politically expediant to go after?  Ka-ching!  It's Iraq!

Please don't try to tell me how great things are in Iraq right now.  If you listen to interviews with actual Iraqis...they will tell you something different.  No water, no electricity. No food. Suicide bombers up the ying yang, killing them and their children. What a bunch of cry-babies, eh?    

<<Oh yeah, and hwo do you think these terrorists who cut peoples heads of on TV and send suicide bombers to murder other Iraqis are connected to?Yup, its Saddam Hussain Thats the exact reason the UK and US are still in Iraq, to prevent these Saddam Hussain terrorists taking over Iraq>>

Saddam is in jail, I doubt he's doing much except washing out his skivvies these days. Nope..the terrorists doing the beheadings are linked to Al Qaeda. Mohammed Al Zarqawi. Al Qaeda wasn't in Iraq before we went there, BTW, as Saddam hated Al Qaeda. They're there now, though. They weren't doing suicide bombings before we invaded Iraq!  Civil war between Sunni and Shiite muslims is next for Iraq. Then the Iraqi people are REALLY going to suffer.  Courtesy of our ill advised war.

27 Iraqi children and 1 American soldier were killed in Iraq yesterday, BTW.  Many more wounded. Today, over 20 Iraqis were killed.  Spare me about how well it's going over there~!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (aprilh @ July 14 2005,3:36)] Of course, this evidence turned out to be pure fiction and purposeful lies,
actually, THAT is the outright fiction and the purposefull lie..
what you said..that there never were any WMD's..
its a known fact there were WMD's..plenty of them.
Saddam used them against his own people.
He gassed the kurds, sent scud missles against Israel..
weapons..weapons that can cause destruction, on a mass scale.
he had them, he used them.
unquestionable fact..
the reason you think there were NO WMDs when we got to Iraq is because thats the lie you want to believe..

suppose you were a drug dealer..the police suspect your house is jammed with guns, cash and drugs.
the police annouce to the world that they are going to raid your house...in a month.
its all over the news..
"hey bad guy! we are coming to raid your house! in a month!"
the appointed day arrives, after its on the evening news and every neewspaper for the past month.. they get there, smash in your door and find... NOTHING!!
hmmmm..wow...what a suprise.

Iraq's borders are a sieve...liberals use that arguement when they talk about how many new terrorists are pouring into Iraq..the borders arent secure when we ARE there..
you assume they were secure BEFORE we got there?!
can you honestly believe the weapons were NOT moved out??
please...get a clue.
the WMD's were there..they still are...somewhere.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Of course, this evidence turned out to be pure fiction and purposeful lies,

that is the weakest arguement in the liberal arsenal..
basic logic proves its a lie, yet so many people have this terrible need to believe the lie..
why?? thats the real mystery..

Scot

April, I can't belive it but I agree with everything you just said. Even everything you said about Colin Powell.
The only thing I disagree with is about why we went to war with Iraq. I don't belive it was just oil. I think this war was planned before he was even in office. I think it's a revenge thing for his dad. All the talk about Bush sr didn't finish the job in Iraq by taking out saddam. Then Saddan put out a hit on his dad. Gw wanted to finish what his Daddy was critized for not doing.

Ozzy,
you are missing two lines..it doesnt quite read right without them:

There are places I’ll remember
All my life though some have changed
Some forever not for better
Some have gone and some remain
All these places have their moments
With lovers and friends I still can recall
Some are dead and some are living
In my life I’ve loved them all

Scot

There's a limit on letteres so i deleted those two to make sure I could get the lines I wanted in.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (0zzy @ July 14 2005,4:30)]There's a limit on letteres so i deleted those two to make sure I could get the lines I wanted in.
ah! ok..
smile.gif

great song!
once declared "best song of all time!"

Scot

Scot, I think very highly of you, but WMD's may or may not have been there before we went into a country to cram democracy down their throats. Well, thats one excuse. I think you are way off base with your assumption that there are weapons of mass destruction, since none have ever been found, and the UN themselves said none were in evidence in any way, shape, or form.
Yes, Saddam was a real bad fella, but the country was his, not ours, and the rule was his, not ours. We ARE NOT the world's cop, and the rest of the world is angry at the B.S. perpetrated by this administration. As am I. I have no love for republicans, and none for democrats. The biggest mistake made in this country today is listening to 2 over the hill parties that haven't had a new or real thought in years fight over who is right or wrong. As far as I am concerned, both parties are wrong. I am of the mind, still, that we need new blood in the White House, and the tired old crap spewed by the present parties is useless to the people in this country. Only the rich are in power, contrary to the precepts of this country. There is no real equality, only in word, not in truth. We are nickled and dimed to the point of bankrupcy, in the name of Democracy. What CRAP!!! The people of this country is what we are about. Not liberating a country that didn't need liberating. As long as they were killing each other, and keeping to themselves, it was fine. Not our problem, not our country. So, lets build a lie, and invite our children to die in Iraq in the name of that lie. And then, lets fabricate a plan to take away their rights, keep them scared, so we can walk all over our own, and own them. CHANGE THE GOVERNMENT! Give me back my constitution, let science come up with alternative fuels so the Saudis can rot, and, if necessary, expell every Muslim in this country, with none allowed in for any reason. This is also against the rules in this country, but that is better than leaving the borders open so they can cross anywhere they want.
If one radical religion is out of hand, then they cannot come here--PERIOD!!!! And if they are here now, GET OUT!!!! That would curb a lot of terrorism. Right or wrong, well, I don't care. At least I know they won't be coming here for anything. And, we wouldn't have to take away our own freedoms just so these folks could still come into this country to create new Al Queada cells. BYE-BYE terrorism. Take care of our own, try telling the truth to the people for a change, and change this government. Fit into the world instead of trying to bully it into submission, and GET OVER OURSELVES. We ain't all that, I hate to tell you. We lost in Vietnam, and we are gonna lose this one. They do not fight in a way that is militarily sound, and hard to counteract. We have little to no support from the rest of the world because of American arrogance, which is shoveled liberally from our own government. We are the ones that need to change. The Arab world is so much older than ours, and they have traditions and religion that is incredibly old, and runs deep. They don't want us there, so get out. This whole thing is assinine, and should never have happened, but we are in it now, and all due to lies and corruption. We need to start over, and that starts with government. When a person is loyal to a party, he does himself a disservice. It is not a party that moves this country, it IS the people in it. And to change our government now, is one of the hopes we Do have. Make it better guys. Don't EVER vote for a Democrat or Republican again, but go for the independants. That is where our hope lies. This government, as a funtioning body, is dead!!!!

Zappafan, They say voting for independants is wasting your vote. To me, voting for the same dead rhetoric, time after time, is the real waste. Not to mention the waste of our hard earned, and eagerly taken, money. And with dang little to show for it. And to fill our head with lies, and deception, well, I have had quite enough, and as previously stated, will NEVER vote "common" parties again.

ZF, Remember "equal time" on the TV so all parties could have their say? Haven't seen any of that since the mid to late '70's. See how arrogant our government has become as they are the ONLY parties allowed to have any say during election times. Equality? HAH! More B.S. on top of the B.S. They have got to go, no matter who they put up for election. Our country is off track, and war is Bull. What will happen when we pull out of Iraq? Civil war of course.

"its a known fact there were WMD's..plenty of them.
Saddam used them against his own people.
He gassed the kurds, sent scud missles against Israel.."

Yes, very true..in 1991 and before.  Unfortunately for your side, it's now 2005.  UN Weapons inspectors destroyed all of his WMD many years ago.  Tons and tons and tons of it! Saddam was NOT a nice guy. BUT....There were no WMD in Iraq when we went to war 2 or so years ago. Did you miss the announcement that your president put out a few months ago saying there were no WMD in Iraq?

If they were there.....why didn't/can't we find them? All we got were lies...the aluminum tubes, the yellow-cake uranium from Niger,  etc, etc, etc. Please read the Downing Street memos.  

Did you raise a big stink about Saddam gassing the kurds when it happened?   did you care about the Taliban's opression of women? Probably not.

ooh you just got served.

actually i dunno who she's talking to. but i felt i had to say that.

JLAP, she is probably addressing Scotty. I do not understand how his mind works, but he is a very good man. (Do not argue politics with him though unless you wish to be leveled by republican drivel and rhetoric!) I would be much happier if Scot would form hs own opinions, and not "puke up" the republican bylines that I am so tired of hearing. Scotty is smart, so why does he cling to a party instead of his own good mind? Parties limit your sense of who YOU are, and you become them, not yourself. Still, Scot is one of the smart ones, and independant thought from him would be a revelation, I am sure.

total BS.

Not really, JLAP. I am honest to a fault sometimes, and mean no disrespect at all, but independant thinking, and not party lines, is what we need here in the USA. Scot would be great if I could get him to turn away from useless parties. Don't hug a party, hug your friends!

Back