What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hurrricane dennis

Well for all you guys that is horrible but we want to know how you and your plants are fairing. IT's supposed to be really bad but since you guy's have lots of friends here let us know that you are okay (if you have power) 'cause other wise we'll be worried.

my best friend is in FL and she said if it gets worse they might have to evacuate to Miami...

Yeah It is horrible. They actually named Navarre as the target ont eh station I was watching (that's where my Aunt is stationed right now).

I love Castro's comments about 10 people dying b/c cause of the hurricane already. I mean it's the middle of the hurricane there still. I bet they were is enemies and he did 'em in and blamed it on the hurricane.

I'm in the Titusville/Mims area (you know that bump in the middle of the east coast? We're right at the north part of that).. we got touched by an outer rain band, but that was it. Just cloudy all day and some unmistakable minor wind in the middle of the day (and it blew from the EAST.. figure THAT out).. I went outside this morning to discover one of my VFTs on it's side in the tray and one of our trash cans tipped over. That's about it.

EDIT: 3000th post! heyHEYhey!

My Godson lives in No Name Key, just North of Cudjo key and did not evacuate.  He got gusts to 75, lots of rain, a three foot storm surge but nothing more than a few trees down.  His electricy is out, all of the food spoiled so he will probably have to barbecue a Key Deer this evening.
Here in Lauderdale we had 40 mph winds, four inches of rain and a few trees down.  One guy was out jogging at 5 am this morning and tripped over a live powerline...he is deceased.

Well, turns out we got more than I expected a little while after I got off here. Just before dark the wind kicked up majorly (AND TIPPED OVER THE EXACT SAME VFT) and insane clouds came in and it rained for a while. At some point in the middle of the night it rained again and I vaguely remember hearing it being blown against my east bedroom window.. sounded weird.

I went out and brought the outdoor plants up against the house so they didn't get blown off the shelf.

kind of gusty here and lots of rain. That's it here.

It is really quite horrible though Dennis came on land at Santa Rosa Island which holds Navarre (my aunts house) on the East and Pensacola BEach on the West end. IT came smak dab in the middle of the Island (which is only 2 blocks wide and full of sand). Cindy knocked out what was left of the barrer reefs (after Ivan) and the newly constructed dunes so even though Her house survived two hurricanes (Opal and Ivan) we seriously doubt it survived this one. Interestingly and fotunatly the Air Force took all their gear out of Eglin AFB and her boss called and said that the situation was not looking good so don't come back soon. Well everyone who built on the Sound (The mainland to the North of the Island) will now have an ocean view.

Back