What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Good news or bad news

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Hmmm...I think you should take the new job so you can be an on-site advocate for the plants, get permission for rescues and have a legitimate reason for being on the site.  You will still have 2 days to map CPs in other places.  And the extra money and benefits sure won't hurt.
I agree with everything PAK said Ozzy.  You will still find time to "save the CPs" and possibly influence the future development in the area.  I know this from experience, developers and contractors will listen much more closely to people in the trade than those they consider tree huggers.  You will become aware of future developments through your contacts in the business and therefore your voice could be far more important in saving the plants BEFORE the plans are on the board.
You can have your cake and eat it to.

So Ozzy,how much longer are you gonna keep us in suspence??Tell us what you chose already!
smile_n_32.gif
~Niki~

I'll tell you next month.

Just joking.

As I said before I HATE wiring houses and condos. It's so much different than commercial or industrial electrical work. I can't see myself doing that kind of work for very long. I tried to keep an open mind when I took the job I had, but nothing changes the fact that I hate it.
But because of that job, I found two new cp sites, one of which is the best vft site I have ever seen. I found it by looking out of the window of the truck on the way to a jobsite. I searched it this morning, it's was wonderful. But it won't be there much longer. A housing development is right next to it.
Almost every job I did with that company was land that I'm sure use to have cp's. It was killing me to see site after site gone.
The pump station is designed to handle more residential development. So it will allow more sites to be destroyed other than the site it's built on.
Either way I'm taking part in destroying cp sites.
So I decided to do whats best for me. I took the job.

smile.gif
You have to put yourself first
smile.gif
Congrats on the new job,I hope you make new friends there as well. ~Niki~
smile_m_32.gif

im glad chose you chose do what you love ozzy

Congratulations on the better job Ozzy! I'm sure you will continue to be a force for good, and commend you for your efforts.

Do you know what the chance is of the Nature Conservancy buying up more land there before it's all developed, or of any protective legislation being passed? (I hope the latter possibility doesn't provoke a belly laugh -- are things that hopeless?)

alright! congrats!

Back