What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Atlanta botanical gardens

hey guys, instead of going bogging this summer, ont he way back I might get to stop at ABGds, and possibly go to see Brooks, is there anyone here who can give me a private tour on Friday if I go?

I sent you a pm, hurry and respond so I can set something up.

it's awesome. i went in june and the N. truncata still had seedpods on it!

their one and only bicalcarata was crap when i went though. but their Lowii's were to DIE for!

oh yeah and in their lowland house their N. ampullaria had UPPERS!

I'm going this Friday as well...dunno if I'll be at the gardens then, but I'll be right in the city. lol Small world

theres some plant things you just cant see in botanical gardens tough, for example, THE Bur Oak. Not just a bur oak, THe Bur Oak

Image not photoshopped, picture by Guy SternbergTHE Bur Oak

Edit: oh

that Bur oak is in Indiana....
confused.gif

like i said, some things you just dont see in botonical gardens. i dint say it wa sanywhere near you tough
smile_n_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Finch @ July 13 2005,10:37)]theres some plant things you just can see in botanical gardens tough, for example, THE Bur Oak. Not just a bur oak, THe Bur Oak

Image not photoshopped, picture by Guy SternbergTHE Bur Oak
Might want to edit your post then.

whoops. wrong post

edit

I saw a tree almost that big in Morganfield Ky.

well I went their on friday, sorry about not being able to respond to your pm ozzy I was in Tennessee and didnt have acces to a cpu, It was pretty awesome, Ill have photos soon, thanks for trying ozzy

Well we didnt get alot of photos because I couldnt find my camera, but ehre are the few that we did get:
Me In front of the Nepenthes Stand in the Orchid house:
trippicture060.jpg

A shaky photo of a beautifull N. lowii:
trippicture061.jpg

The Nepenthes Stand (part of it at least):
trippicture062.jpg

Me in the private sarracenia greenhouse:
trippicture063.jpg

Very nice Kirk!When I went I only got to look in at the plants(sarrs).Glad you had a good time!

Jerry

I have got to get up there sometime. Heck I only live 2 and a half hours from there. My orchid society is planning a trip up there I think and some of those folks know some folks that might get us into some parts of it most folks don't get to go either. I can't wait. Atleast thats what they were talking about at my last meating. I will keep folks posted if we do go or if I go. Great photos Kirk. Did they sell any of those plants? LOL

did you sneak in the private area, too?

please tell me you couldn't fine the lowland area? that truncata was HUGE! i had a hard time finding it untill i saw it from the outside of the building.

Back