What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So many nepenthes... i'm exausted!

Clint

Stay chooned in for more!
i admire you, tony and dustin. i'm exausted even after repotting my small collection of nepenthes! all the mixing and pulling out and potting back up and cleaning the plants... whew!

but, what do i do with the leftover rocks that i didn't use from the orchid bark/charcoal mix? they sunk to the bottom and i didn't want to use them anyway. does anyone have any suggestions or should i just toss em?

it's like, ceramic or something.

Apply the blowtorch directly to the neps and...

Obh your not having extra neps? then what will you torch?!
smile_m_32.gif
smile_m_32.gif
smile_m_32.gif

You could save the rocks until the next time you repot. If you put a layer of rocks about an inch or so deep on the bottom of the pot, with the medium above that, it will increase air circulation and keep the medium from falling out the drainage holes.

Repotting a little foot diameter plant is easy..its the big ones like N. bicalcarata or the big N. truncata that worry you...I don't even want to think of repotting Tonys huge N. mira alone! YIKES! lol

not to mention the digestive juices i got all over myself... and the rotten bugs... eugh

i guess i could use them for a topdressing or something?

Back