What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lady

Hello everyone. I do love coming to this forum, you all are quite a bunch of nice people. I have came to this forum everyday since joining. I havn't been here for 2 days though. Don't know if anyone even noticed, but thought I'd share. My Beagle passed away the 13th. She was 15 years old and meant the world to me. I am going on 19 this year, so I do not remember a time before her as I was only 3 or 4. She has been there through every school year, friendships, breakups, even visted me at my jobs. I am an only child so she became my sister. She had two types of cancer. One which we was told it would only be days. Although we were told this a year and a half ago. She had survived through it. The good thing is, she did not pass from any cancer. She had recently, last month, develeoped a heart momur(sp) due to all the stress, old, and illnesses. She had allergies, arthritis(sp),many past surgeries. She's been through a lot, and seeing her gone just peacefuly and quietly meant alot. It was a very unexpected day. She was actually walking good, had got up in the middle of the night and used the papers, ate really good the night before, drank still, and everything. But the next morning she found her. Her eyes were closed and she was laying on her side which she hasn't been able to do for a long time. So obvisouly she went in her sleep. The main cancer was in her ear, the signs showed it was not that at all. She did not have any signs or sytoptoms, she just passed peacefully. The whole family is so hurt right now. It's hard to even type this. But it's a good thing God took her without her going through all the pain of cancer. We prayed for that, but just wasn't expected it when she was doing good. I'm sorry for ranting, she was my everything. I just got online, because my mom was emailing a friend and I thought I'd stop by. We buired her out back with many of her favorite things, such as bed, blanket, toy, and pillow. Havn't found the energy to do anything is why I havn't been online. Everything revoled around her, because of her sick we took care of her every day. I have never went a day without her and it hurts. I miss her dearly.
Here is a picture, yes something is on her nose. She was always up to something. =)
Lady2.jpg

And another
Lady.jpg

What a cutie! I am so sorry for your loss. There will be many more supportive replies to follow.
smile_h_32.gif

Very sorry to hear of your loss. It's good that you were able to have such a long time together. Our little four-legged friends have such a special place in our hearts and lives.

Hi Tink

I'm so sorry for your loss but I know how you feel. I lost my beloved boy a little over a year ago. Unfortunately he didn't go on his own...I had to put him down and that was horrible. And even though I have a new little guy now, its still hard for me. I miss Jonah terribly...he was a very special boy.

I don't know if it would mean anything to you or your family but there is a webite called Petloss.com. (http://www.petloss.com/). They have a place where you can put your pet's name and they also have a live candle service every Monday nite that you can participate in. I put Jonah's name in the list and did the ceremony for him as some small way to honor his passing. Everybody there knows how hard this type of loss is because they understand pets are family members too.

Take your time to grieve and remember all the good times. When you've had a pet for such a long time, it does take a long time to adjust to their not being there. But they ARE always in your heart. Your beagle will be waiting for you on the Rainbow Bridge...so you will see her again.
smile.gif

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Tink}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
smile_h_32.gif

I'm sorry and I know how you feel. Sometime pets become way more than just pets. I lost the best dog I ever had a few years ago. It's a long road you're going down right now, but it'll get better. You know you'll always have friends here that understand and know what you're going through.

My dog that I had all growing up was a mix of your dog and an miniature alaskan husky... just add long hair and pointed eyes to yours.. same size and color as yours as well . It think she was 15 when she passed. An amazing book to take a look at is called "Dog Heaven".... just take a look at it at any bookstore... it is short.. you can read it there... might be in the childrens section but definintely take a look... for adults as well.

Some one gave it to my dad, and now he passes it around the neighborhood when someone else looses a pet.

When I think of Lucy.... I just see her saying... Thank you.... thats it.

It's hard to stop the tears after reading your story. I've been through several pet losses and had to make the decision to have two cats put down. It hurts! I can assure you, it will get better over time. Our pets become our family.

In the world of pet birds, we call our pets our "feathered kids" or fids for short. We always share the tears when one passes as well as the joy when another bird comes into someone's life.

Tink,I am so sorry for your loss.I just lost my dog 2 days before Christmas last year.She was 13.If you need to talk,I am here for you,and I'm sure are a lot of people from here.Take care.She's looking down on you from doggy heaven
smile.gif
Love~Niki~

I am so sorry for you and your family's loss, Tink. It really, really hurts when they have to leave us.

i'm sorry!

i am very sorry for your loss. a couple years ago and after many surgeries my childhood friend passed from having cancer. her name was lady a brittany spaniel, after seeing all she had to go through i truey uderstand your feelings. i visit her grave often to talk to her. it's ok to be sad ,things will get easier, i promise. stay strong!

I know how the death of a pet feels. December 19, 2003 about 6 am was the worst day of my life. (No I did not write that down.) My black lab mix named Jake was outside and he got hit by a car.(My mom left him out about 10 minutes before hand.) The driver didn't even stop and tell us! Had the driver had the decency to stop he could've survived. All I remember is my mom calling my sister's phone from outside and tell her and she looked at me from behind the couch and told me he was dead and that's all it took, I was out cold on the floor. He was only 2 years old and I was already that attached to him. Death just kinda snuck up behind me and smacked my head with a ghostly chair or something.... It's horrible..

Good luck on the grieving process, it never completely heals, there's always a scar left behind, but good luck all the same. Just give everything a rest and stay home for a few days. Then it's best to get your life going again. Take your mind off of the bad things. Just remember that you're not the only one who has gone through this, it helps to know that you aren't alone.

Im sorry about your loss. I have been lucky that none of our dogs have died (yet) but ones old and his time is coming. My dog too is my childhood freind and we obtaine him at about the same ome. recently we have gotten a new dog and she hogs all the attention, and the fimily seems to be favoring her. It pains me greatly and i get my head bitten off for mentioning it. i try to give him attention but im accused of ignoring the other. Im the one who brings him for walks and feeds him, they take care of the other. I do it because no one can take the time for their busy scedual to do it, but they always find the time to give her extras after the first meal! no wonder the dog is so fat! They havnt forgotteh him, but they dont give him as much attention as they used to, wich is expcially important in his twighlite years. It gets me so angry
mad.gif

I am very sorry for you an i hope everything turns out well.
smile_h_32.gif

I feel for you Tink.  Dogs can be best friends and are usually a whole lot more reliable.
My doberman, Saint Cloud Warlock, aka "Moose" passed away a while back.  He was my bud.  He was a BIG 102 lb, loved children and small animals and most people.
His record against intruders...Moose 2...intruders 0.

Thank you to everyone for the support. It is still unbelievable and I miss her so much. But it does help.

Back