Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question about missing post

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK. *I* deleted your post. I'm sorry I did not notify you of that but considering the fact that we have been communicating about your issues regarding some auction items, I thought you would know who deleted it and why. So I apologize for assuming that.

Anytime ANYONE has an issue with a specific member not relating to the boards as a whole, it should be handled privately. These forums are not a venue to publicly bash or humilate a member over something that should be a personal and private matter. That is what the moderators are here for...to help individual members when they need it.

As you know Hortman, I have been working with you and the members with whom you are having a problem. I am doing all I can to get this resolved. This was and issue between you and two other members...not an issue that should have involved the entire membership of the forums and that is why the post was removed. It was an inappropriate post. I know you are frustrated and angry and I don't blame you in the least. But something like that should be taken to a moderator as soon as possible.

Last week I made a post in the Trade Forum requesting that anyone who had problems with members regarding trades or giveaways (and this includes the auction transactions) to please contact a moderator for help. We cannot resolve these issues if we do not know about them and who the offending members are. This is so we can handle it PRIVATELY. If we cannot resolve it privately, THEN a member's name will become public on the Deadbeat Traders list.

The easiest way to avoid any kind of public embarrassment is to simply honor your trades/giveaways in a timely manner and COMMUNICATE with your trade partner if there is a problem. Do not rely on someone else to contact you...take responsibility and do it yourself. Do not ignore PMs that sent. Use the "receipt" button on PMs to make sure PMs are being opened.

Again, I apologize for assuming you'd know why the post was deleted but it was an inappropriate topic for the forum at large.

PLEASE...ANYONE...if you have trouble with trades/auction/giveaways...contact ANY moderator and we will do our best to get it successfully resolved.
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jeeze, I really never imagined I would have been "opening a can 'o worms" by trying to get the auction plants that I had paid for a LONG time ago. PAK and Ozzy, thanks for you interventions in this regard.

Laura, that is VERY kind of you to offer to provide plants to replace the ones I was high bidder on (and which appears like I may never get!), but have alreday been too generous in sending me free plants for my kids school program. There is no reason in the world why you should have to pick up the slack for others. However, I very much appreciate your efforts to make the situation better.

John

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    John, did you ever get your plants?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12