What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weird problem burning cd's.

Clint

Stay chooned in for more!
i've got a bunch of music i need to burn. i bought a stack of Maxell CD-R 800 minute 700 MB cd's.

i'm trying to burn the cd's like i've always done. ALWAYS. i press the right buttons and click the right places. it doesn't make since! i've tried to burn everything from black sabbath to david bowie to Ramstein. it won't burn! as soon as it starts it reads out that the song is 98 or 100 % done and the disk is 3 or 5 percent completed and .. it.. stays there! i've even left it for an hour and it still says the same thing. i try to close the program and it won't not even with ctrl alt del. and then i can't play anything with windows media player.

i use Nero to burn my cd's (because windows media player never works to burn them.)

has anyone else ever had this problem or know what i can do? i've got 50 usless pieces of plastic here.

thanks

I use Nero also,I have had no problems with it.Best thing to do is try a different type cd-r.I have used sony,maxell and dura-brand cd-r's with no problems.What type of burner do you have?Not that it matters.My old sony burner does'nt work as good as it used to.

Jerry

i don't know what brand burner, but it came with my dell a couple years ago.

i just fine it weird that it worked great untill i got this new brand. before i used cd's with 2 sides. the slightly green side is the one you used so i don't remember the brand.

Hmm,I don't know.Just try another brand and see if it works.If you have a friend with a burner,let them try one of the maxells and see if it works.

Jerry

well, i tried windows media player to burn the music, and it worked! it never worked untill now. so strange!

thanks cool!

i tried using nero, it kept messing up all the time.

I'm glad you got something to work.
smile.gif

Jerry

Some disks are copy protected these days and won't transfer to the CD format (but you could still dub on cassette -or for example protected DVD to VHS) but I doubt any Sabbath disks are new enough to have that. Unless they're new releases of old albums.

Lars Ulrich of Metallica would not approve of your activities young man!
Even though he was a big time "tape trader" in the 80s (pre-napster music sharing done via the snail mail ).
smile_n_32.gif

Strange that,i never have problems with nero but sometimes it depends on the discs,ive had some in the same stack that you cant do a thing with.Also playing back music you need to make sure you have all the right codecs running or thats a no go_One of the programs i use which will burn anything is Alcohol120% great program can even be used to emulate programs with out burning,an amazing program.Windows media player is ok but try winamp it will play pretty much anything you care to throw at it.As for protected films and music there are programs out there that can sort that out aswell so really there is no need to have a problem at all
smile_m_32.gif

Bye for now Julian

If Windows Media Player ever dies out on you, Real Player is a very very good alternative. I've never had a problem with that. Also, you might want to make sure your write speed isn't higher than 2x.

2x? i think mine says it's like 16x..

Come burners don't like certain discs. Some times some disca are bad in the batch. Or the burner could be going bad. It happens. Every drive went kaput in my Emachine and it was less than 2 years old. Had a heck of a time burning cds on my E machine because of the burner, but it sounds like your copy of nero may have gotten corupted since its not burning and Win Media player will. Strange. Could also be some other component like memory going bad. My E Machine finalytook a crapola and died out. So I built a new PC. The mother board went out on the Emachine so I used the HDD, memory, and CPU from the Emachine because they were still good. Well, I was having all sorts of problems loading on windows without problems. I even went to far as to buy a new copy of XP Pro. Turns out the memory was bad. Atleast one stick anyways. My 512 chip was fried so not I;m just down to a 256 chip. I need to get a new 1 gig chip, but need the funds first. So it could be any number of things. Might want to try running a memory test and see if memory is good. You can PM me to remind me and wen I get home I will find the mem program and email it to you to try out. Its a free program anyways and can be found on the windows webpages. You use it to make a bootable floppy or CD and use it to test your memory. All automated. Its just a thought.

Back