What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just wanted to share

• Thread starter Trapper7
  • Start date

Trapper7

Loves VFT's!
Oh good lord what I night I had!I was called in to work last night cause we have 5 boarding dogs,so my boss asked if I wanted to sleep over,yes sleep over,at the daycare to make sure the dogs are ok.So of course I said YES!My puppy got to come along too,so that was neat.This was our first time ever doing this,so my boss was a bit nervous,and so was I.Everything was going great until the alarm went off!So I grabbed the phone and went to the front door to see if someone was breaking in or whatever,but no one was there.Then I hear the police sirens!Great,like this is what I really needed!They come BANGING on the door,yelling if anyone is in there.I yelled back that I work here,and then opened the door.Of course I still had the phone in my hand(which is black)when I opened the door,and they FREAKED OUT!Both cops pulled their guns out and was aiming them at me and started yelling at me to drop my weapon!So now I FREAKED OUT of course,and dropped the phone to the ground and started crying.One cop kicked the "gun" away and then realized it was phone,so he said to his partner to put his gun down,it's just a phone.So I started to explain to them(between sobs)that I am staying overnight,blah blah blah and that the alarm just went off by itself.Then the alarm company called and said that the alarm is going off because it has a low battery!I gave the phone to the cop so he could hear it for himself,even tho I was sure he believed me by then and he looked really sorry,lol.I then called my boss who freaked out cause she didn't know why I was calling,so she had to come down and confirm that she is the owner of the place and so on.Holy moly,that was NOT fun! I've never had a gun pointed at me,and I don't ever want it to happen again!While all this was happening,all five dogs were barking like crazy and trying to protect me,lol.After everything settled down,I gave them all cookies for trying to protect me
smile.gif
My poor pup was terrified that I was going to get hurt
smile_h_32.gif
This happened last night at 10pm,and I haven't slept since,lol.I ended up staying the night but I didn't dare close my eyes,lol.I'm a bit tired now
smile_n_32.gif
Anyways,just thought I would share my little experience here. Good night,I'm going to bed now
smile_m_32.gif
~Niki~

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What an experience! If it weren't such a frightening experience, there would be a lot of humour in it - especially about "dropping the weapon" and giving them cookies (which really should be called, 'bakies').

I am happy to see you posting, though, if you know what I mean.

Jim,I'm still a little shaken up(maybe in shock)but other than that I'm fine.Actually when I told my parents what happened this morning,I was laughing about it,lol.They weren't laughing tho,lol.Also when my boss came in this morning and drove me home,we talked and laughed about it.She didn't laugh at first,she wanted to make sure I was ok first,but then when I started to laugh she felt comfortable to do so as well
smile_n_32.gif
It was kinda funny tho cause last night she went to a party and had a bit too much to drink,so when I called her to please come down cause there's a "situation" she was a bit drunk and trying to convince the cops that this is infact her place,lol.(Her husband drove her,who wasn't drinking,otherwise that would have been bad,LOL)~Niki~

Well It's a good thing that it turned out like it did. Just think what would have happened if the phone rang while you were pointing it at the cops. I though guns were not allowed in Canada. I thought the cops there carried bb guns.
I don't want to ever hear you tell me what a crimnal I am because I have never had two cops draw their guns on me.

Like I said I'm glad it turned out ok.

Wow...exciting night! Glad you're ok. Looking down the barrel of a gun is NOT a fun thing.

smile.gif

Geezzzzz....that's horrible! I'm glad you're ok and the dogs too but what an experience! Its makes for a good story though since all turned out well.
smile.gif

LOL Ozzy,I don't know what to say
smile_n_32.gif
Of course guns are allowed in Canada,it's just when weirdo's like you try to bring one over the border is when there's trouble
smile_m_32.gif
I don't think it was a bb gun,I've never seen a gun in my life,just on tv.But still if I got shot with a bb gun,wouldn't it still hurt?Oh and Oz,the cops that almost shot me(lol) were really cute...not nasty looking female bigfoot
smile_m_32.gif
Thanks for caring guys,it was quite a night.It may be funny talking about it,but I just woke up and I had a nightmare about it,I think this really effecting me
confused.gif
Oh well.~Niki~

Glad you're OK.

However, if more people in Canada owned guns, the police might actually be able to tell the difference between a gun and a phone...

cute cops huh? nothing better than a man in uniform...

Canada gun ownership is atually quite high. 20% of households have a gun, which is a lot internationally, but roughly onlyh half the number as the US.

Capslock

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]However, if more people in Canada owned guns, the police might actually be able to tell the difference between a gun and a phone...

Amongst the worst reasons I've heard to own a gun: "Own a gun: make the cops feel safe!" lol It's just that when cops get a call, a lot of the time they don't have much information. They report to the call, the alarms are on, the dogs are barking, it's night time, and you have no idea as to what'd going on. I mean, given the stress factors and everything, I'd take it easy on the cops for pulling out their guns. Heck, I mean, for all they know, Niki could have been some nut carrying a gun and breaking in to places.

In any case, what's important is that Niki's alright. Quite a crazy experience, glad to hear that you're OK.

Est~I don't blame the cops at all.After all they were just doing their job,but it did scare me.I don't think you're human if something like that doesn't scare you
confused.gif
I am actually a nut,but I wasn't trying to be one that night
smile_m_32.gif
Darn right men in uniform are hot!
smile_m_32.gif
~Niki~
cool.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Trapper7 @ July 18 2005,8:51)]I am actually a nut Darn right men in uniform are hot!
smile_m_32.gif
 ~Niki~
cool.gif
LOL! notice how I eliminated just the right words!
smile_n_32.gif

Jim,you're a goof
smile_n_32.gif
smile_m_32.gif
~Niki~

Thank you! I'll yake that as a compliment!
smile_m_32.gif

Yikes! What a night, Niki!

And doesn't not owning a gun in Canada translate into Polar Bear food (unless you're in a city)?

smile_m_32.gif

lol actually quite a few ppl in the western part of Canada own guns because there are lots of hunters just like there is in the western US. excellent hunting up there especially in BC, and the territories. though a friend of ours up Saskatchewan cant figure out why "Americans" are so facinated by guns but shes been a city girl all her life. i did offer to take her out shooting the last time she was down here but she declined.

sorry to here what happened to yah Niki but it sounds like the cops did everything right. as soon as they saw it wasnt a gun they holstered their weapons. heck if its dark its hard to tell whats in someones hand. guns themselves are quite hard to make out. glad your doing ok Niki

Back