What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PlantAKiss

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, Engl
Its been a long time since I've posted any photos since its a bit of an ordeal for me.  But I finally got some uploaded.  These aren't anything special but at least it proves I do have plants.  lol  I figured I'd put them here since its a mix.

This is Photos Part I:

DROSERA1.JPG

Just a pretty sundew.  
smile.gif
 (And no its not dielsiana.)

hamiltonii05.jpg

D. hamiltonii

DREGIA05.JPG

I like this one...fiddleheads of Drosera regia with spider.

weserpiroutte3-05.JPG

P. weser and P. 'Pirouette'

PGIGANTEA05.JPG

P. gigantea...only now its much larger!

COBRAFLO.JPG

Darlingtonia flower!

SARRACEN05.JPG

Sarracenia and flower...what is it??  
smile.gif

BICAL05.JPG

A toothsome fellow.

raffventricosa05RS.jpg

My office neps...N. ventricosa and N. rafflesiana

TRUNCATA3-05.jpg

My N. truncata...about 9".  It actually has a larger and much nicer pitcher now but I have no camera to photograph it with.  
smile_h_32.gif
  Hopefully soon before the pitcher fades.

That is all for part I.

(hmmm...some aren't showing up...I'll try to fix them after I post the other pics...  
confused.gif
)

OK...Part II.  I've had a lot of people ask me to post pics of Ollie...so here is a little retrospective of his life.  Early pics up til now.  For those who don't know...April of 2004 I had to put down my beloved dog Jonah.  He was 12 and my constant shadow.  So I took off a few days to be with him and put him down.  When I finally went back to work, knowing how devastated I was going to be, my coworkers surprised me with a "puppy certificate"--they had taken up a collection from about 25 people and raised enough money for me to get another wire fox pup. So he is a VERY special dog! Getting Ollie was an ordeal...but he arrived here in Richmond June 11, 2004 from South Carolina.  He is now over 1 year old and he is a very bad dog!  He is always in trouble.  
smile_l_32.gif
 But I love my little Bean anyway.  So...here is Ollie Bean Macintosh (Fyrewyre Ooh! So Wicked).

NEWPUP.jpg

First pics I got of Ollie.  Fuzzy lil' boy.  
smile.gif

inthepool.jpg

Just getting familiar with his new home, Ollie shows his feistiness.  He loves water out of a hose...goes berzerk!  I can run him 5-feet up the pecan tree with the hose on "jet".  lol

friendorfoe.jpg

Ollie discovers the vacuum cleaner hose and attacks it!

missionsnooze.jpg

Nap time.

olliestuck04.jpg

Always in trouble...Ollie gets his head stuck in the gate.  I left him there for a little while to teach him a lesson.  It did not.  I now have an Invisible Fence.  
confused.gif

mytoys.jpg

Choosing the messiest "toy."

FAUXOLLI.jpg

A stuffed toy I already had...amazing look alike, huh?

busted.jpg

Because Ollie was so bad about getting into the trash, I bought this huge trash can.  Being an amazing climber, Ollie climbed a ladder and got the lid off and jumped in.  He got yelled at...see the guilty look??

buttbasketcomp.jpg

For some reason, Ollie LOVES to sit in this thing.  It WAS a really nice twig flower basket but he destroyed most of it last summer. All that is left is the cup part and he sits his butt in it all the time.  He looks ridiculous.  People walking by the house look at him and laugh.

mrcurious.jpg

All grown up...and into everything.  This is typical fox terrier curiosity.

blanketmountain.jpg

The first night Ollie discovered "blanket mountain"...he loves it.

OK...that is my hellion.  He's a little demon but can be very sweet too.  
smile.gif
 I love my Bean.

Yep!  He has that mischievous look in his eyes but he is a cutie.  I can see why you like him.  What is the most off the wall thing he has ever done?

My doberman, "Moose" and I went to visit my mother one evening.  She had just fried up a pound of bacon for German Potato salad and was letting it drain far back on the kitchen counter.
While we were chatting, Moose appeared on the back porch with just a small piece of paper towel hanging from the corner of his mouth and a very satisfied look on his face...mom's bridge party was a success even without the salad.

LOL Awww...bet he was in hog heaven! Moose and Ollie probably would have gotten along juuuust fine. Recently Ollie absconded with a whole platter of cream-cheese iced brownie bites. I couldn't tell you how much stuff he's stolen...he is a terrible thief! His worst habits are stealing and climbing. I find socks, bras, underwear, trash, glasses...(pretty much anything not nailed down) out in the yard.

Let's see...there was the time I came downstairs and found him in the kitchen sink...and course there was finding him in the bottom of the trash can (as pictured). A few weeks ago I was taking a shower...washing my hair...scrubbing my head with my eyes closed. I opened my eyes and there was a pair of eyeballs staring directly into mine! It was Ollie...he was standing on the back of the toilet tank peering at me through the glass shower wall. There is no surface of my house that he has not conquered. He's fearless...and totally reckless...NOT a good combination. Sometimes I worry he will not have a long life... But at least now he can't get out of the yard. That's a relief.

I gotta figure out how to fix my pics.
confused.gif

lol, in the third photo it looks like you have him at gunpoint lol

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ July 18 2005,10:45)]lol, in the third photo  it looks like you have him at gunpoint lol
lol That is what I thought too. Very nice photos and looks like he keeps you busy. You keep your plants in a terrarium or something? You must grow some outside too...Thanks for sharing.
smile.gif

lol  Yeah, it does!  He was having the best time swatting at the vacuum.  I guess he thought it was some strange animal.

Yes, some of the plants are tank grown but many are not. Some are out on open shelving.
smile.gif

I can understand now why you don't just trade him for a dog and then shoot the dog. Even if PAK HAD a gun (unthinkable) OllieBean would steal it and hide it. Well he is for sure a cutie, and never a dull moment, hey?

Great shots.

He looks like a trouble maker.
smile_m_32.gif

You have NOOOO idea... lol When he was younger, I worried that he might grow up thinking his name was "OLLIE-NO!!!"
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]You have NOOOO idea... lol When he was younger, I worried that he might grow up thinking his name was "OLLIE-NO!!!"
laugh.gif

LOL! I love those pictures! It's funny though, both of our dogs (yellow lab, and chiwawa-jack russel -more of the latter parent-) are deathly afraid of the vacuum cleaner. I've heard of cats and some dogs that love the things. Thanks for the pics, both the plants and your doggie are looking very well.
smile.gif

Good lord, he is cute! What a nice looking pup! I especially like the "guilty look" one...

Thanks. Of course *I* think so but I'm a little prejudiced.
smile.gif

Unfortunately, he has that look all too often.  He is always in trouble.  He is growing up a LITTLE...he doesn't steal quite as often but he still climbs like a mountain goat.  I'm trying to figure out a way to put Ollie's climbing talent to a good use.  He's incredibly athletic.  His method of movement is either climbing, flinging, jumping or bouncing.

Back