What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jimscott

• Thread starter Windplant
  • Start date
Hi, i just wanna say hi to jim i have tropical fish too, i want to ask u and all others, is tru u can feed u plats whit tropical fish flake food??

I use tropical fish pellets but yeah, you can.... certain plants. it won't work with VFT's nor utrics of course :p and make sure the pellet/flake is small enough and that the humidity is not high enough to cause problems. I have some sundews in a plastic box where the humidity must be around 100 (I'm lowering it though... i noticed my plants don't like so much humidity) and if I feed them fish pellets, they rot.

i use koi pellets.

i crush them for Pinguicula and Drosera and Byblis

I use Hikari Betta Bio-Gold Betta Fish Food on cephs, dews, indoor grown Cobra Lily. I use some larger pellet food from time to time on my neps.
I will most likely stop using pellets for the neps as I have lizards again and breeding my own mealworms, so I will be using them instead.

Hi Windplant and welcome to the forums! I saw my name in a topic and thought that was interesting. In addition to what was mentioned by Luis, Clint, and Steve, others also use freeze dried bloodworms for their butterworts.

Have a good time here.... I certainly do!

PLEASE be careful about the blood worms. i crushed them up into powder in a mortar and pestle like another member of our forums used to do. i inhaled the dust in the air (no i did not snort it) and my throat closed up, i could not talk or breath. i had to yell in order for any whispers to come out.

i was messed up for a week after that. i had to use a nebulizer 3x a day and i sucked on my albuterol like it was the nectar of life itsself!

Wow! And to think I used to handle that every day at the wholesaler.

yeah. even on the package it says something about allergic reactions.

i'm allergic to some shellfish but i didn't think blood worms were a problem until then.

oh tks to all for us help, hey justlikeapill be carefull, i hear if u are allergic to some fish toxins, maybe u are alergic to the bees, be carefull, a friend cant see a bee or a urchin, or seastar, cuz he is allergic to them, for some ppl is more dangerous, any info u need tell me, i be happy to help. Good night to all, im going to sleepp, UUzzzzzzzz.

Back