What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I had a dream...

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
I was given a group of U. alpina tubers several weeks ago and I followed the cultivating instructions. I keep waiting for new growth to appear above the surface, but so far nothing has.

Last night, in a dream, taking the advice of a forum member to physically investigate things, I did. I discovered that all four tubers has growth and it was just below the surface level. And then ..... I woke up. It was only a dream.

Anybody else have dreams about their CP's?

no....not that I can remember, at least.

But, since we're on the subject of dreams, last night I had a really weird one: There was a group of people on a sidwalk; each person in the group was hopping on one foot and quacking like a duck. Each person was also holding a McDonald's cup of 7up that was covered in runes. Whenever someone would walk by, the group would hop after and sort of crowd around the person. At this point in the dream, I woke up.
I usually have "dreamless" sleep, but when I have them, they're always weird and random.
confused.gif

Scott,
Are you off your medication again!
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Seriously, I remember very few dreams.

Steve:LOL!!!!! How did you know?!

Elarwhis:7up? Not cream soda? Which foot and what kind of duck? Did they want fries with that? This is very strange!

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Anybody else have dreams about their CP's?
Yes, all the time, and snakes. I had snake dreams more often than cp's. I had a snake dream last night.

Yep, I do.... I usally don't remember anything except it was about CPs.... Last night I had one about my new iPod... And my newly uploaded 3200+ songs on it... hehehehe :-D
-Andrew

I've been dreaming a LOT lately. Some random stuff, other cool stuff, boring stuff, etc.
I do sometimes dream of CPs but not much. I don't remember any dreams with CPs since they're usually not all that exciting, but I think one time I had a dream about some nepenthes.

HA HA! I've had a few. Before I got my VFTs this past spring I had a couple reoccurring dreams (not the entire dream but more like a quick 'scene' dream) that I was in a greenhouse or grocery store or something and happened to stumble upon some VFTs growing in that fake Easter grass. It was always the same thing, bright flourecent lighting and sickly looking plants. I would frantically search and search for a good plant to buy but nothing but a shriveled up mess of sick traps. I think I was stressed about finding a good plant that wouldn't end up dead. Very weird. I had a very distinct one though in which I was handed a VFT on a lunchtray... yes lunchtray and it looked rediculously SICK. The leaves were like a brown slimy pink, all smashed, rotten to the core, and snapping open and closed. Everytime they'd open they'd leave stringly mucous hanging from their cilia. I think the next few days I ended up ordering some and haven't had one CP dream since. So does that mean I hate my mother or something?

I rarely have CP dreams and their always more like.. snapshot dreams where a disturbing imagine pops in front of my face for a second. That's what happened last night. I just had a quick picture of my new nep, all brown and dead with only 2 VERY SMALL broken leaves left. T-T And I thought I'd be having Harry Potter dreams since I had just finished the 6th book before I went to sleep.

Wow, this is a sure sign of OCD. I always had weird dreams, but I usually forget them. One of the most random and weirdest ones I ever had was that I was in our basement, (it's remodeled and has a kitchen) making a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. right before i bit into it, my mom woke me up. Significant, maybe? I shouldn't eat PB&J sandwiches anymore, perhaps?

I love dreams. I once did this huge paper on dreams and they mean so much more than you think. It's quite interesting.

Yes everytime I dream of CPs. It's my VTFs traps a couple feet wide. =P

I once dreamed That my land lord was going to evict me becuase I had dangerous plants and that was agianst the towns codes. They confiscated all my plants and destroyed them. Then it turned out to be a joke. That one seemed so real.

to some

i have always weird dreams, once i dream i make a vft mutant, that plant only eat ppl, and i need to found victyms for the plant, that was totaly crazy, another time, i dream, my garden become gigant and so swap like, all full of fog, u know like a cheap lokking picture, i was like, my house got eated by a plant, OH MY GOD, was like jumanji. And another time one comon plant (not carnivore), begin to die, i was so sad, so i dream that, i buy someting like a fertyliser, and i put it to the plant, she grow complety like a tree it was a aralia, i dont know the name exactly, well it cover all the house and we need to cut them cuz it block all doors, so CRAZY.

hey sorry is not swap is bog lol, my english is very bad sorry.

Yeah Ozzy,that dream of yours sucked
smile_n_32.gif
~Niki~

Dreams about CPs? Heck yeah! For years! I had one where for some reason my 6th grade teacher (who I've known for a good many years before being one of his students) gave me a plant: it was kind of like a VFT, but also kind of like a ping. It was very odd, it had two sets of closing mouthes.... Creepy, but cool.
In more revent months I can remember having a really nice one about Sarracenias, I discovered that they were growing wild ALL around my house! I could not[/i] believe that I hadn't noticed it earlier!
smile_n_32.gif
I know that for a while I kept of having CP dreams, but that's all I can remember for the moment. Sure beats the heck out of the crazy-frightening-perversely random-&tc dreams I have on occasion: when I wake up I feel all depressed and icky. It's odd, they travel in packs.
Anyway, the only bad part about my CP dreams (as of yet) is waking up. Yuck.

I've never had a CP dream that I remember but I've had some cool dreams.

I dreamed once I was walking down the hallway of an old Victorian house. It was dark all around me but dimly lit just around me. I was feeling my way down the hall with my hand against the wall because I couldn't see what was ahead. I could feel the wall slowly explanding outward and then contracting back flat. At the same time, I could feel air blowing first against my face and then against my back. All of a sudden I realized what was happening--the house was BREATHING! As the wall would expand out, the air would move one way; then as the wall contracted back, the air would move the other way. It was so cool! Later I ended up opening the door to a bedroom with a huge, canopied bed richly dressed in red velvet, gold cords and netting (like a medieval royal bed or something). That's all I remember but I was so impressed with the breathing house I never forgot it. It was so real!

I like dreams...they are mostly cool but sometimes scary or upsetting. I dream about buildings a lot. I used to dream about tornadoes all the time. I liked those too.

I often have dreams(nightmeres) of my sister killing all my plants.
And every body knows my dreams because I talk in my sleep!
I also have alot of those dreams where you just keep wakeing up in the dream over and over and over....:D

Noah, you're back!!!!! Is this the same sister from whom I borrowed the yawning cat avatar?

Back