What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Beam me up scotty

• Thread starter Ozzy
  • Start date

Ozzy

SirKristoff is a poopiehead
Staff member
Supporter
If there are any startrek fans here. Scotty (James Doohan) from Star Trek died.
Hey Niki, he was a snowbird too.

What's up with this snowbird stuff??Adnedarn used that word too when he talked to me and I didn't know what it meant until you(Oz)told me that it meant Canadian.Why don't you just say Canadian?And who made it up?Do Americans have nicknames too?Like Stinky Skunk or something?~Niki~

No it doesn't mean "Canadian" it means just about anyone (mostly our "friends" up north...) that come to the usa, usualy warm places like my Tucson Arizona durring your winter to escape your blizards and come to my winter... (maybe 40f night 55-60 day) snowbird means you migrate here in the winter... I live here. I stand the heat all year to enjoy those very mild winters. Then these "snowbirds" come here and act like they own the place in the winter!
mad.gif

Hope that makes better sence, EH? (HAHA I did the EH? thing! hahahaha)

EDIT: It could also mean someone comming from NY or other very cold place to a warm place for the winter... But mostly it seems to be Canadians so it kinda fits. And no, it isn't deragoatory term. I worked for AT&T long distance and they make a "Snow Bird" calling plan for you guys... so while you live here you can call back to Canada for a low minuite fee with a low monthly fee.... blah blah blha... lol

[b said:
Quote[/b] ].Why don't you just say Canadian?

Because they're snowbirds.

Great thanks for that.Hey I'm going to Arizona soon.~Niki~

If ever there was a term to apply to me this is surely it. We get twice as much snow as anyone here in Upstate NY. As for sticky skunk...well, I wish.........!

Scotty gave me many episodes of pleasure. Friday night's at 9:00...I lived for it. I will toast him tonight with some good Belvienie which was put down about the same time as those shows were on. Thanks for the word. Looks like I've outlived another friend.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Trapper7 @ July 20 2005,5:29)]Great thanks for that.Hey I'm going to Arizona soon.~Niki~
Please don't tell me where... The outcome might not be pretty.
(LOL hahahha)

I just knew you were gonna say something mean like that Andrew!~Niki~
And Tamlin-I said stinky skunk not sticky,lol.

Unless you are comming for the summer season. Then i'll toss you some respect.

Andrew,who told you to say that,PAK or Ozzy?I'm having a disagreement about it,lol.~Niki~

LOL, I know..Ozzy is telling me on messenger. Who to trust!
confused.gif
Here is my answer. Nobody did. I came up with it all on my own. Havn't even talked to PAK today yet. (sorry to bust you on that one ozzy)

Nobody knows hot until they have worked all day in 105 degrees with 98% humidity.

Ohhhh Ozzy,you're in trouble now,trying to get poor PAK in trouble
confused.gif
Now I know why you didn't answer my question,You're bad
smile_n_32.gif
~Niki~
P.S~Wow Andrew,you thought it up all on your own??
smile_k_ani_32.gif
smile_m_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Trapper7 @ July 20 2005,5:56)]P.S~Wow Andrew,you thought it up all on your own??
smile_k_ani_32.gif
smile_m_32.gif
Well, that is if I am infact telling the truth... hehe

HEY!Quit ganging up on me you two!I may be a "snowbird"
confused.gif
 but I'm still nice
laugh.gif
 I'm so much nicer to you guys,especially you Ozzy!Bunch o' meanies!~Niki~

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Trapper7 @ July 20 2005,6:00)]Bunch o' meanies!
Maybe you could PM a mod and report this topic? ha

I was thinking of something much worse but I fought back from posting it
smile_n_32.gif
~Niki~

Suuuuureee..... darn snowbirds... thinking they are all smart and such.....

Where do you think the term bird brain came from.

You might as well go ahead and explain it to her Ozzy....
smile_m_32.gif

Back