What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

User space at petflytrap.com

Hello All,

Due to some recent abuse, we're removing all free user accounts that were eastablished as long as 2 years ago.

I apologize for the short notice... but we're giving everyone 48 hours to get their pictures or data off of home.petflytrap.com

Thanks,
Phillip

for those unsure about what to do with their photos, photobucket works fine, is free and you can upload pics via internet address which will allow you move your pics from here to there.

may i ask Phil what the abuse was?

That sucks...but I do understand. Is photobucket for free? I suppose I could go and check for myself...
confused.gif

sorry, i forgot to add that its free

Edit: wait, i did say it was free

Thanks, I checked and did find if for free. I am all signed up now. My favorite four letter word $FREE$.

Phil,
aw man..thats very sad.
but I understand if you need to do this..
sometimes one or two losers destroy something good..

as a compromise, could you maybe just leave the accounts that are already there?
just lock them?
basically "archive" what is already there.
you wouldnt have to deal with any future maintance..just lock them and forget them. problem solved.
and that way, no one loses the websites and photos they already have up.
we wouldnt be able to add more to those pages..thats ok..but why blow-away what is already there??

smile_h_32.gif

thanks,
Scot

Understandable and space all backed up from mine. Thank you for the time that you have given this community and those without space of their own to host some of their photo's for all to see.

Just a note to help everyone else out in the future...if you have a picture hosted on a petflytrap account, and you do happen to move it to another site, or decide not to at all...and you do know that your picture is listed on BobZ's picture site, please....please let Bob know.
smile.gif
I'm sure he'll appreciate as will the rest of us who use his site.

Fyi...

everything is going .. and its going now ... timestamps are indicating that a user out there is compiling malicious code in his or her user space and that is unacceptable... Also we have found a number of people storing mp3 out there -- While I'm sure they are all copies of "legally purchased" songs I'm not going to audit or take that chance. The space is exposing Terraforums and JungleWerks to significant liability and is being removed.

Sorry about this short notice event but we either correct this or the hosting provider will.

Mikey,
JungleWerks Corporation - petflytrap.com

thanks for the explination Mikey, i just was curious. i wasnt familiar with what services you were providing in that capasity and couldnt figure out what the abuse could be.

Does this include the cpforums.org galleries?

Capslock

We're still looking into which stuff is going to go.

I think the PICTURES on cpforums.org will stay -- but raw web space is going for sure.

Huh. If you have it, they will come, i suppose.

I hope the CPforums pictures don't go...I've put too much work into that!

have you guys identified the parties responsible?

Why not just restrict what content can be hosted? Like .jpg/.gif and .html etc. So that way people don't upload MP3's or executables with viri in them.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]...timestamps are indicating that a user out there is compiling malicious code in his or her user space and that is unacceptable... Also we have found a number of people storing mp3 out there ...

The laws of unintended consequences. I know I shouldn't be - but I am continually amazed at the capacity of people to exploit loopholes - in ways not oringinally envisioned....
confused.gif

Nice flytraps in your avatar. Are those mutants?

That was totally unfair. I didn't know up to today! Everything I had there is gone now. You should of also sent an e-mail! Man that's dissapointing. T_T

Phil,
I fully understand your predicament and symphasize. You have provided a fantastic service to many.

Is there any way that affected users will be able to access their accounts (perhaps by password) to retrieve their photos? Of course people should have kept a backup, but to lose their entire photo database with virtually no warning and prior notice can be catastrophic.

Well its gone now, I saved all my stuff before, but others are basically hopeless now.

Back