What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order got lost

• Thread starter CNCreefer
  • Start date
Hi all,
Has anyone ordered plants from a reputable site only to have the package get lost in the mail? I placed an order with Calif. Carnivores on July 10th. Still no package. I emailed them and they said the package was sent out on the 12th. It must be lost in the mail. They said they will pull the order and check the address, etc. If the package ever does get here, the plants will be dead, no doubt about it, with the 90 degree heat we have been having lately.
So....do I have to fork out another $40 to replace the order or what??? The USPS is about useless.
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Oh man that really sucks.I'm sorry to hear that.But if they said they mailed you the package,then it's not really their fault,so I guess you would have to order again,which means paying again
smile_h_32.gif
I'm sorry.~Niki~

Niki! Wow! radical posting change!

I know!Aren't I cool!
laugh.gif
But I changed the color again to purple cause I had difficulty reading what I posted,so I figured other people would too.~Niki~
smile_n_32.gif

You might be able to make a claim with USPS and get money back from them..
Doesn't the USPS insure every package up to a certain dollar amount?

Only if you buy insurance. $1.30 to insure up to $50. Not sure though that they will insure perishables...
I would wait. It is quite possible that the package will arrive and maybe the plants will still be alive.

I would ask CC if they insure their packages - some places do, and also what their policy is about receiving dead plants - should be posted on their site, actually.

They emailed me back, to verify that my address is right. which it is. They sent the package out on July 12th, priority mail. It should have arrived 2 or 3 days later.
They said they will resend the order sometime this week.

One thing that happened to me once is that I wasn't home when the package was delivered, so they slipped one of those pink cards into the mail slot. This was for the sarracenia rescue from the radio tower site in florida. Only they slipped the card into the mail slot next door to mine! I didn't find out about it for about 10 days. Poor little saracenia looked like death warmed over. Miraculously, it survived (barely), but it let me know it's easy to miss those little cards, which can get stuck in junk mail, or simply lost.

Capslock

Oh wow,I'm so glad you still get your order!That's great! It's free right? ~Niki~
smile.gif

Yes, free
smile_n_32.gif
Actually I would be bummed if I had to pay again. I mean, the plants I ordered are a S. leucophilla and a S. rubra, and some LFS for repotting some neps. If I had to pay again it would have cost a total of $80
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Very nice people there. I spoke to Pete a couple of times last year for some growing advice. He was very forthcoming and sincere in his desire to help.

Back