What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I WILL NOT PURCHASE ANY MORE CPS!
I WILL NOT PURCHASE ANY MORE cps?
I will not purchase any more cps!

Okay, I just have to get a few Drosera and THEN I'll be content.

Here is the collection I've managed to purchase and/or win on Ebay since I got started on June 24th:

MY CARNIVOROUS PLANT COLLECTION AS OF JULY 24, 2005

NEPENTHES
Nepenthes Ventricosa Red
Nepenthes Sibuyanensis
Highland Nepenthes Tobaica
Highland Nepenthes Copelandii
Nepenthes Sanguinea
Nepenthes gracilis 'Purple Form'

SARRACENIA
Sarracenia Ladies in Waiting
Sarracenia Flava Pond  
Sarracenia Dana's Delight
Sarracenia Judith Hindle
Sarracenia rubra
Sarracenia 'Tarnok'
Sarracenia Scarlet Belle
Sarracenia purpurea
Sarracenia wrigleyana

UTRICULARIA
Utricularia dichotoma
Utricularia reniformis forma courte
Utricularia pubescens
Utricularia livida
Utricularia monanthos
Utricularia sandersonii

PINGUICULA
Ping cyclosecta Cool purple flowers
Ping orchidioides nice Orchid colored mauve
Ping moctezumae(HUGE PINK FLOWER)
Ping moraensis var. roseii vibrant pink flowers
Ping esseriana small pink flowers easy grower
Ping kondoi
Ping mexicana, Violet flowers.
Ping primuliflora
Ping caerulea

DROSERA
Drosera adelae

VENUS FLYTRAPS
Regular
Dente
Red Dragon

I will not purchase any more.  
confused.gif

confused.gif

You tried to warn me about this new addiction.

Wow! You got bit bad! I'm surprised you only have one pair of cockatiels...it could be worse...
smile_m_32.gif

I begged the townehouse board to allow me to have a total of 6 cockatiels. They INSISTED on not bending the rules even though they know my birds are used for pet therapy.

As it is, the vet bills have added up enough that I am GLAD I only have 2 birds.

Hey, I also have 3 vft: regular, dente, and red dragon. Forgot to list those!

LOL hahaha! I knew it! I knew it! Don't feel bad...it happens to everyone.
biggrin.gif

Ahhh, I used to have a cockatiel when I was a kid. He'd wake me up every morning by flying over to my bed and nibbling on my eyebrows until I woke up and paid attention to him. Great, friendly birds, in my experience, if a bit noisy.

Capslock

i love my cockatiel, plus 7 other birds. marco was first though so he'll always be my favorite. he's not as loud as the othres and he's so much sweeter!

honey, i've tried it. the 12 step program just has too many steps and theres always a guy waiting outside to sell some more...
blues.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ July 25 2005,8:20)]honey, i've tried it. the 12 step program just has too many steps and theres always a guy waiting outside to sell some more...
blues.gif
.... or just plain give them away!

WOW,you're addicted I think.Hehe
smile_n_32.gif
~Niki~

lol congrats on the addiction............please step back inside the "hospital" with the rest of the patients

oh and you definatly need more Drosera. watch the trade forum in a couple weeks im going to be down sizing my collection abit and there should be a decent selection of Drosera.

Boy, thats a nice collection in a hurry.
You are right you need a few more Drosera.
smile_n_32.gif

You do need more drosera. EVENTUALLY.

Take a deep breath, and enjoy your plants. Get them settled, in good light, and watch them grow for a while. You know that the drosera will always be available... You don't need them TODAY.

That's what I tell myself, anyhow. I'm trying to get my (much smaller) collection under control and growing successfully before I add any more species.

Oh, but someone here just offered some more utricularias for postage! I just couldn't pass that up.

I know that someone else will soon be offering those drosera I need for postage too. I am impatiently waiting.

I'll try getting photographs tomorrow if our weather cools off. I plan on documenting all my plants and keeping pictures of their development so I can develop my own website about carnivorous plants. Who knows, I just might use my environment column at bellaonline to teach others about these wonderful plants and their endangered environment preferences.

you and me both Diana! i've only got like, 3 species!

Do you mean 3 species of cps or 3 species of sundews?

Did you see the list of plants I've managed to either purchase from two webstores or win off of ebay.

By the way, if you need live sphagnum moss, search under sphagnum moss at ebay. mossman has been selling large bags of dried moss. I wrote him and asked about buying a gallon bag of live moss. He is now offering it for a very reasonable price. In fact, I paid less for priority shipping and the moss than some people are bidding just for a bag of moss. He's going to be very popular and this moss is from Wisconsin.

ohh lordy, three species of Drosera. i'm more of a Nepenthes kind of guy myself.

i get all the free sphag i want from our property on a lake. there are no cp's there so i figure why not?

I bought a large bale from mossman. It's HUGE and CHEAP!! Sure, it's nowhere near the quality of the New Zealand stuff, but my neps like it, and I have enough for the rest of my life!

Capslock

I've got some Droseras if you would like.

Shame on you Jim! You are an enabler! You are feeding the addiction!
biggrin.gif

"Darkness has fallen. CM (Cockatielmother) hides in the shadows on the street corner. She watches nervously as passersby hurry along their way, hoping she isn't noticed. As a police car slowly patrols down the street, she ducks behind a corner. "Where IS he", she worries! Her heart is pounding in anticipation. "I'm here with the goods, CM." Startled, she jumps! Its Jim! Furtively he pulls from his coat three sundews and a nep cutting. CM reaches for them with shaking hands. "I NEED them...I MUST have them!" "They are for you CM" intones Jim. "And what do I owe you?" Jim passes "the stuff" and says "The payment is sharing the love. Grow them well, then share them three times over. Keep the circle ever growing." With that, Jim melted into the night. CM feels the joy of having more plants to add to her addiction...I mean, collection. She goes home to spend the rest of her evening elbow deep in peat and sphagnum, sated, at least for NOW, with her new plants....until her need sends her again out into the world of CP growers..."

laugh.gif

Back