What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Itching remedy

last week I went out and got a couple dozen baby ticks (the itching sure lasts!), then mosquitoes bit me, and I think I might have some chigger bites from yesterday too.
it's driving me CRAZY!
smile_k_ani_32.gif

does anyone know anything for itching? I heard baking soda is good, the thing is (like most things you need) I don't have any right now. And the gel for itching I have doesn't work all that well and is running out.

I got a cure for chiggers, it works everytime. Rub a banana peel on the ticks and chiggers bites. Then take an orange and squeeze the juice on it. Then rub some some tuna on it. Then rub some sardines on them. Repeat this for 14 days and at the end of the 14 day's they will no longer itch. Guaranteed.

I think that sounds more like chigger banana split.
smile_t_32.gif

Are you serious Ozzy?? ~Niki~

Isn't nail polish over the chigger "bites" supposed to take care of it? You can always try some fluid from a Nep pitcher! (Try it!) Good luck with your itchy-scratchies.
confused.gif

Try this lotion called 'Sarna'. It works well to satisfy the itch. For me though, the old stand-by for chigger or mosquito bites was chalomile lotion. Or, like my Dad used to say, "If it itches, then scratch it"

Sympathies - all I do is itch. Try a product called Lanacane spray.

Ozzy, this is why your truck is always getting stuck in the sand with your keys locked inside. Tsk tsk tsk.

cortizone

sry. double post.

Make it bleed, then put rubbing alcohol on it. Sure it stings for a bit but cures the itch. You do not scar like some people may think.

i just use goldbond itch powders. i dunno what specificly it is i just use it

My mom says that all the people that used to live in her village would put saliva on their mosquito bites. "Use poison against poison!" Somehow, I doubt you'd like to try that.

that would be a temperary repreive at best and it woulnt do all that good if itched and dug into the skin

i know cause i used to do that

Ah, well, what can you expect from primitive Chinese villages?

village?

lol... glad to know there is a consensus :p
thanks for the suggestions!

Ozzy, you have entirely too much time, thinking and boredome going on when you're supposed to be eating.

Scalding hot shower - as hot as you can possibly stand it.

...Really? Because that's how all of my showers are...

Benadryl. Stops the itch. If you don't want to go with a systemic like Benadryl...make a paste out of meat tenderiser(like Lawry's Season salt)and apply it to the itchy spots. Works for me!

Back