What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need help..........photoshop elements

• Thread starter rattler
  • Start date
the last time i did pics i cropped them to 5x6 inches and they worked great for uploading onto the forums. this time ive shrunk the image size down to 2x whatever inches and they are still to large. any ideas? im using photobucket as a host. is it doing something funky when i upload them?

Just remember that when it gets posted it will be displayed at 72 dpi... so if your file is at a higher resolution then 72 dpi... when it gets displayed it will be pretty big. So when you crop and size it... also set the dpi to 72.

all right will do...............

There are 72 dots per inch so if you divide the number of pixels (width) by 72, that will give you the physical size of the image in inches.

All photos on the internet should be 72dpi for fast transmittal. Any higher resolution is a waste of file space since it won't display in high resolution anyway. It'll just be BIG.

Back