What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Demon statue has a buyer

Some of you might recall I sculpted a demon rising out of a cloud, a 3D rendition from an album cover. Today I recieved an email from someone wanting to buy the statue, looking at the name rang a distant bell so I checked the album cover and it's Steve Grice, the guy who played drums on the album and designed the cover concept. I can't say how stoked I was to find out that the guy who came up with the idea some 20 years ago thinks my 3D rendition is good enough to buy! I told him the only stipulation is he has to send a pic of him with the statue!  
smile.gif

here it is still in progress, I told him to give me any input to finishing it as it's gonna be sculpted as a one of a kind just for him now!

power1.jpg

power4.jpg

That is awsome!! Congratulations! Maybe word will get around and you'll start getting commission work. You sure deserve the recognition.

That's exciting news. You must be on one of those clouds.
smile.gif

Alright! That's awesome! congratulations.
smile.gif

Jason,

How Wonderful! You must be so excited!

How did he find out about it? Is he cruising the CP forums?
smile.gif

Great job!You deserve it!!~Niki~
smile.gif

Josh - that is just soooooo talented. I wish I had that sort of talent. At least it explains why you haven't updated your website for a while *duck* hint, hint, hint....:;):

A new email from Steve (the drummer) this morning is that Onslaught have already recorded half of their reformation album (they all reform these days) and he has discussed overnight with the band the possibility of getting it made as a prepaint statue for sale as a very special collectors item on their website and sold at shows! they will be pretty expensive if they get released in this size the cost of resin alone would scare off many poor metalheads. I can chemically shrink my sculpt and thereby reduce the price a great deal but it sounds it's a cool idea to me! We'll be discussing things in the coming months before their reunion tour. Of course, they'll get a feature at Battle Helm magazine online too, another of my childhood hero bands!

Also have an inquiry from a norwegian company to create some very different type of toys than I'm used to doing. If you look at http://www.kidrobot.com it's that sort of stuff (this isn't the company who contacted me just an example of the genre). These are called "urban vynil" or "designer toys" popular in Japan and LA. See the Super Seven, Juxtapose and High Fructose magazines. It will be very different type of thing for me if I get the project but should be fun all the same to do something wild and new!

I got some crazy new personal stuff brewing Syd but it's all gotta wait now though. I swear to god, if I can do it so can you! Go to a Michaels Craft store and get a pound of some Super Sculpey and start playing today!
Here's an Onslaught (marvel charachter) update from tonight, long way to go yet but my excuse is... he's huge!
onslaught4.jpg

onslaught5.jpg

onslaught6.jpg

Josh, thanks for the words of encouragement, but as I can't even draw a stick figure properly, I'll leave it to less dexterally challenged people like you
smile.gif

Jason,

Where are his naughty bits, LOL! Let me know when you do the Bruce Dickinson one.....I'll buy it! Naughty bits or not! I hope you don't mind, but I gave away some of the stickers you sent me to some skaters in the city. They absolutely loved them! I kept some for my own board and my bass guitar, ..but I also wanted to spread your work around. April

Not a problem at all April! I can shoot a few more your way for your pals if you like! Marvel never gives the male figures naughty bits, only the women! Quite sexist I suppose!
laugh.gif

As far as getting Bruce started we'll see what kinda things I have time for in the coming weeks/months. Likenesses/portraits are the most time consuming cos you'll be "all done" then look at it in different light and it's not that person at all! So then you gotta work on it in that type of lighting until it gets right. Been working on the MASH 4077th "Swamp rats" busts like forever! I think I started them last year. Got frustrated and shelved 'em after Trapper took a dive off the shelf and has no nose anymore!

Back