What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Froggy pics

• Thread starter rattler
  • Start date
here is one of my Surinam cobalt tincs, the other wasnt wanting to get his photo taken
Suri.jpg

cobalt.jpg

here are the two lil D. azureus
Dazureus.jpg

azureus.jpg

Those are some excellent pictures, and even cooler looking frogs. Keep up the good work.

well your happier with the pics than i am. i need to work with the manual settings more with the camera. the automatic macro setting has to lil depth of field for the frogs. but they arent bad considering the tincs are an inch long and the azureus are a lil less than 1/2 inch long. the tincs are in the tank to the right pictured here: dart frog tanks the azureus are in a smaller nursery tank and will go in the left side tank in 4 to 8 weeks. as you can see its not the ideal place to get pics without taking them through the glass

Wow they are gorgeous!!I'd love to see more pics.~Niki~

ill work with the camera and try again next week. doubt ill get any more this weekend

Oh! WOW! nice

I want some poison dart frogs too! they're awsome
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]i need to work with the manual settings more with the camera. the automatic macro setting has to lil depth of field for the frogs.
I don't know why, but for some strange, unexplicable reason I want to tell you that I use a magnifying glass to take pictures closer up than the macro setting alone takes. I don't think it will fix the focusing problem, but then again I wouldn't know since I haven't tried (my camera also has autofocus but I don't really have that problem). Maybe it will.  
and changing the contrast/brightness will often nullify the effects of the glass.

i am using a $1000 digital camera that will do what i want it to do, i am NOT putting a magnifying glass in front of the lens. it goes against my principles
smile_n_32.gif
all thats wrong is the appeture isnt set right to put the whole frog into focus on the auto macro setting. ill mess with the manual settings for the appeture and see what i get.

LOL!
Well, I can't change the appeture and the iso and all that so I have to use a magnifying glass :p

i have asuggestion on how to keep your little subjects still when ur taking pictures
like this:

action-smiley-060.gif

smile_m_32.gif
smile_m_32.gif

I'm not really into frogs but they are awsome.

Those are really pretty! Question are they still toxic in captivity?

nope, even wild caught ones loose their toxicity over time. its something in their diet that allows them to produce the toxins.

Those are some beautiful frogs, I'd love to see your vivarium setup too if you have some pics to share!

That last bit about loosing their toxicity is a lost idea to many localitys who have banned them as pets on the basis of their common name.

In 'Dendrobates: Jewels of the rainforest' the dart frog encyclopedia from TFH it said the toxicity was due to the alkaloids produced within a certain species of ant that the frogs eat in the wild. When they don't consume those ants for something like a period of 3 months they will loose toxicity. Most people still don't believe it though. My aunt is one who still thinks they are never not poisonous no matter what they eat. I helped her and the kids get setup with a baby veiled one of my cousins has bred with her pair but she's afraid of the frogs even though she likes them. If I was able to keep fruit fly cultures from rotting in summer I'd have some of those frogs.

BTW I saved a toad from being run over in the parking lot at work then the next night I ran over a raccoon...
smile_h_32.gif

One less racoon to eat my Chicks Lol.

Racoons are nice!! But don't worry swords,it was an accident.~Niki~

i have always loved the colors of the frog , what happens if you get intoxicated by the frog?

swords. ill get pics when i can. im leaving for vacation in a few days and may be able to do it before i leave. not much to look at. 10 gal tank doesnt leave much to work with and im not much of an artist when it comes to arrainging this stuff. i plan on doing a large tank down the road and ill take my time and put some more effort into that one.

for swords: full tank shot
tank.jpg

king of the hill
kingofthehill.jpg

Back