What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Don't worry, god's in control

This reminds me of a joke. I hope nobody is offended but these days if you breath the wrong way somebody will take offense.

There was a christian guy, in the ocean fishing. His boat sank. Another fisherman quickly came to his aid. The guy refused any help and said "Don't worry God will save me" Another boat came along and offered help. The christian again refused any help, and said, "Don't worry God will save me" The Coast Gaurd was called and they went to pull the guy in. Again the christian refused any help, saying, "Don't worry, God will save me"
The christian drowned and when to heaven. When he saw God he asked "God, I had undoubting faith in you, why didn't you save me?" God replied I sent two boats after to save you, I even sent the Coast Gaurd, What more did you expect me to do?"

smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Like I said, they (Satanic church) are a PR firm for true Satanists.
first: what's PR?
second: who are you to say who true satanists are?

ozzy, your joke reminds me of a sad, but true story about two conjoined twins (by the head). One was fully formed and well, but the other was basically just an underdeveloped parasite sucking the life out of the other one. If they let them stay like that, both would certainly die as the healthy one's heart was too weak for both of them, but if they tried to separate them, the weaker one would definately died. Their parents opposed any medical intervention, saying that god would take care of things...
(I guess it wasn't such a sad story after all) They went to court, and after a while the parents lost and the babies were separated. As predicted, the weak one died within I think minutes, and the healthy one lived to be a normal girl.
(I may have messed up the details, but the basics are there)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (zappafan @ July 31 2005,7:30)]I have been into the occult as I mentioned.
To be honest, the knowledge you've demonstrated about the occult (sacrifice, chakras, etc) suggests that you were hanging around people who were the "KKK vs. Christian" equivalent. I know some psychics who make people on TV like John Edward look like beginners, and they find the average fortune teller as laughable as you do. There are plenty of people out there who learn 2% of what they could learn about something (either they don't know there's more to learn or they're just lazy), and then they make a career out of it since no one but the few who know better can call them on it. It can get pretty sad.

personal relations.

how exactly do you do an occult word study?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Satanism can be atheism or any religion that distracts people from a walk with Father God through his son Jesus Christ. Anything that draws people away from a personal relationship with Jesus Christ is not of God. It is therefore of the enemy, Satan. PR = Public relations
well, I guess i'm a satanist, my muslim friens are satanist, a lot of christians are satanist, jews, buddhists, holy CRAP there are a lot of satanists out there!
billions and billions of them. and oh yeah, youre right... we all worship satan as the bible says satan is, and we all perform human sacrifices, and all that crap.

has anyone else here ever heard of a bigger conspiracy theory? I know I hadn't.

Hail Satan!

of course, it's not in our constitution nor our rights to have completely FREE speech.
Personally I think you're/were hanging around the wrong people, who will give you a twisted view of the world.

There are a lot of people who just seem to be very vulnerable to getting indoctrinated into things (which I imagine keeps a lot of churchs out there in business). Many of them will get neck-deep into one belief system, then reject it, only to jump neck-deep into another one. And the cycle repeats. Maybe it satisfies some kind of neurological need, I have no idea.

I barely know anything about you of course, but it's something everyone should at least think about. People should remember how deeply they've believed something in the past (e.g. racist propaganda) that they now feel is wrong, and apply that to all future beliefs to keep themselves in check.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Maybe it satisfies some kind of neurological need, I have no idea.
I say that's partly society. I mean, there's a lot of pressure to have a religion, and all that talk about not being complete with one, etc. just makes people THINK they NEED things like that, when they really don't.
but then again, you could argue that in order to believe that they NEED to believe, they first need to believe to believe.
confused.gif

I would'nt waste your time zappafan,they will just argue/make fun of,what ever you want to call it.

Jerry

It was Jesus who said, "He who is not with me, is against me"  He also said, "Blessed are the meek" and "Blessed are the merciful" and "Blessed are the peacemakers."  So I think maybe I'm with him.  But then I look at his fan club and I'm not so sure.

Back