What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hiking pictures - 56k warning

elgecko

I've got a magic window!
I took off work on Friday so I could leave early in the morning for my 3 hour and fifteen minute drive to head up to the mountains of Sullivan and Luzerne Counties PA.
I need to go in the spring when more water is flowing.

Picture-5100.jpg

Picture-5105.jpg

Picture-5108.jpg

Picture-5112.jpg

Picture-5118.jpg

Picture-5121.jpg

Picture-5140.jpg

Picture-5144.jpg

great pics!
do you use a tripod?
hmm... that snake isn't a brown snake... is it?
it's definately not a garter snake..
do you know what it is?

Wow!That is just beautiful! I also love the mushroom pic!Good job!~Niki~
smile_m_32.gif

WONDERFUL!!!!! Mind if I save these pics to my computer?? Would love to use them for backgrounds and things.

LOVELY
A great way to relax,fantastic views.
Bye for now Julian

Beautiful!

Thanks for the comments.

I use my good old trusty heavy Bogen tripod for the time exposure of the waterfalls. I keep telling myself I'm going to buy a carbon fiber tripod, everytime I look at the prices......I just keep lugging the the old 5 lbs tripod around.

Great photos! Where in Luzerne County (if you don't mind saying)? My mother's family was in Hazleton for generations, but my many visits there mostly consisted of sitting around listening to old people talk.

I did most of my hiking in Ricketts Glen State Park and The Worlds End State Park.

Back