What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ordering plants

Hi all. I just recently ordered plants and finally have received them after a very long wait. I will not mention any names at this time, because the seller has not got back to me.
I have recently ordered some C/P's from across the border. I live in Canada. I paid for the Phyto, so everything was on the up and up. Total came to 120$ US. The plants were sent out on the 7 of July and I received them on the 2 of Aug. Needless to say the 3 pings I ordered I could not even find a trace of and most leaves if not all were rotted off of the VFTs. I repotted everything but I don’t think any will make it.

What I am asking is, what should I expect the seller to do?

They were sent out express post. I tracked the order and they spent 10 days in customs. I'm not sure if there is a guarantee of delivery time or not. I think the seller should know how long delivery should take and pass that info along to the buyer so shipping possibilities can be discuss. I would have gladly paid extra to get the healthy plants I paid for alive and on time.
The seller just sent them out and didn't notify me they were on their way, in which they stated on their page they do.
Has anyone had similar experiences and had them resolved.
Thank you for any incite.
Stephen.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sdeering @ Aug. 03 2005,11:45)]Thank you for any incite.
Interesting choice of words.
incite: to stir, encourage, or urge on; stimulate or prompt to action: to incite a crowd to riot.

i think he means insight.

Although a spelling mistake, I would be looking for any  incite or any insight. Take your pick.
Stephen

send it back and demand a full refund. all you can do.

Can one send plants back across the border without going through all of the inspections and such?
Do you just throw the stuff back in the box it came in, and pay the shipping?
I dont think I want to pay 50$ US to send it back and then battle it out for a refund. Then I would be geting it in the rear twice.
Stephen

Ah the joys of shipping/receiving plants internationally. Normally not a horrible issue but 10 days in Canadian customs is a long time. Might want to find out what happened there?

I would contact the nursery and cross your fingers. Most however will not reimburse/replace plants from international shipments because the risk of unexpected and lengthy delays from government agencies and longer postal travel times. Even if all paperwork is correct on the part of the nursery and the importer (customer), sometimes these things happen.

Good luck with your unfortunate situation

Back