What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Member photos!

PlantAKiss

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, Engl
Hi folks

Don't forget about our pinned topic (at the top) for member photos. I know a lot of people lost their server space when we lost the PFT storage, but I'd like to encourage everybody to re-post your photo if yours got lost. Some people's were just old and no longer linked to a pic so the topic has been cleaned up of any that didn't work.

If you HAD a pic up there, check to see if its still there and if not, put up another!

Its nice to see the faces of our members/friends.

Just keep the chit chat to a minimum so the topic doesn't get toooo long.

We do have some new photos up so check them out! Thanks to everyone who's already posted.
smile.gif

I had a crazy thought... surprise, surprise,... How about the pinned one being used strictly for pictures and this one, paralleling, for the comment, like yours about the Ozz-fest.
smile_m_32.gif

There's a thread for Ozzfest?
Where?
I'm going to the one in Charlotte on Sept 2nd.
I got back stage passes amd VIP access.
smile_n_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jimscott @ Aug. 07 2005,2:16)]I had a crazy thought... surprise, surprise,... How about the pinned one being used strictly for pictures and this one, paralleling, for the comment, like yours about the Ozz-fest.  
smile_m_32.gif
I second that... I'd recommend purging that thread of all chitchat posts, and scrubbing any further non-photo posts.

That's easier said than done. We purge that topic from time to time but we can't stop members from posting comments. If its open for posting, we can't enforce "photos only" other than removing comments. And we COULD have a second thread but I think it would be hard to correlate someones comment to picture that no one can see.

I don't mind a comment or two in there. Its when people go off on a tangent having discussions that go off topic that adds extra pages with no photos. Sometimes its hard to resist making a comment...and sometimes the comments are funny. We do go in and clean the comments out every now and then. People just have to remember that if they want to have *exchanges* with another member, to use PMs instead of posting in the photo topic.

....AND don't be mad when you see your comment has been deleted. ...might be today, may be in 3 months. But eventually, your comments will be deleted. Look at the start of the topic... Basically all comments have been removed. When I cleaned it, I even eddited out comments directly in topics with pictures that had to do with comments in other non picture posts just so they wouldn't be "out of place"....

I wasn't even being serial!

I thought that was something you eat for breakfast.
smile.gif

That was one of my other choices - serial, cereal, cirrhosis (or however it's spelled!)
smile_m_32.gif

Yahoo Serious!

Back