Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Dino's not nice :o(

Somewhat Unstable superimposedhope's Avatar
    Where the Slime Live; Where the Slime Breed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just curious, was the cricket alive? If not try with live food.
    \"There is nothing here of interest to any nation, as a matter of fact there is nothing here but humans!\"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Of course it was [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img] ~Niki~
    Great Googly Moogly!

Beware of the yellow snow!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh my, my heart did a little flip flop when I saw the title of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Sounds like the classic case of dealing with a female. You do everything right and she still bites you on the hand? Welcome to the wonderful world of being male. I advise buying something shiny to give to her, and then apoligizing every morning you wake up for something you are bound to do wrong.
    Well Wolf, when can I send my husband to you so that he can get a few pointers? I am a firm believe that an old dog can be taught a few new tricks.

Quote[/b] ]How about a woman does everything right and still gets lied to? There is no shiney thing that can fix broken trust.
    Well PAK, how about picking a man who has attended the wolf9striker school of male/female relationships or moving on to the next? Once they lie, no shiney thing can fix anything unless of course... it is surgically implanted in their nose so that the man could be led around publicly for all women to see.

And Niki, I agree with Joe. Keep picking her up. By putting her back down after she bites you, you are positively reinforcing an inappropriate behavior. She gets what she wants by nipping you, you reward her by not handling her. Sooner or later she will give up biting you if you try real hard to pick her up a few times a day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chameleons are not the best choice for a pet if you want an animal to constantly pick up and or cuddle. They are easily stressed. However, the advice you are getting here is good. You need to get over your fear and just do things matter-of-factly. Eventually it will get more used to you being around and picking it up, but I don't ever think it will become and animal to interact and play with. I have been keeping chameleons since the late 80's - some seem to settle right in and some seem to always remain spastic. By the way SIH, I have an umbrella cockatoo - when he nips you it hurts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could always buy a pair of thin tight fitting gloves, they tend to calm you a bit by offering some buffer betwen you and the fangs of the ferocious Dino.

Reminds me of my aunt tring to hand train one of our African Grey parrots. Her hands all bloody from being bit so often and the bird just exusted from all the biting and steppng from hand to hand.
    \"Anyway, no drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power.\"
    --P. J. O'Rourke
    GL

United Kingdom (Bristol, England) I am orriginnally from Mostar, Bosnia(one of the countries of former yugoslavia)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (LauraZ5 @ Aug. 11 2005,8:46)]Oh my, my heart did a little flip flop when I saw the title of this thread.
    Smae here, when I saw it I was like: What have I done?
    Carnivorous plants growlist:http://www.**********.com/cgi-bin....t=17597
    Onda je sultan pao mrtav do kostura

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh Starman I'm sorry,I bet I scared the crap out of you,lol.Sorry about that
    [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_h_32.gif[/img] I know chameleons are not to be handled a lot and are not the cuddling type,and I actually don't want to cuddle with her,lol,I just want to be able to pick her up and watch her.When I first got her,I was able to do this all the time.She just turned really snobby the day I put her in her new home.Maybe she doesn't like it?? I will definetly try the gloves,my mom is a nurse so she has lots of thin latex gloves around.Thanks for all the great advice,I'll let you know if I've lost a figer or two [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img] ~Niki~
    Great Googly Moogly!

Beware of the yellow snow!

United Kingdom (Bristol, England) I am orriginnally from Mostar, Bosnia(one of the countries of former yugoslavia)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Nicky,
    In this magazine I sometimes read there is a psychic who people write in to, and sometimes theres questions like: Why wont my dog sleep in his new dog bed? or something, and the person sends the question and a short explanation in with a photo
    Then the anwser ot that sort of question is usually something is missing in the new home/bed, for example a nice soft pillow that is no longer present in the dogs new bed
    Then the people write in again and say that the psychic was right and that they found what was missing in the new bed.home and the pet is liking it again.....strange but true
    So find out what you didnt include in the new home, maybe it was her favorioute tree branch she was always on? Or maybe you changed the lights she used to love going under?
    Carnivorous plants growlist:http://www.**********.com/cgi-bin....t=17597
    Onda je sultan pao mrtav do kostura

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast