Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Dino's not nice :o(

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow cool Starman.This is just a guess but I think I know what the problem is.Well first of all I'm using everything in her new home that I used in her tank.But what I think happened is that it's not warm enough for her.See in her tank there wasn't much air circulation due to the glass so it was nice and warm for her,but now that her new home is made of mesh plus it's 5 gallons bigger,I don't think she's warm enough.There's more air circulation and it's letting more of the warmth out.What do you guys think of my theory?I'm prepared to get a heat bulb for her,but I want your comments first.I've got a 75W bulb now,but if I'm right I'm going to get a 100W one. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img] ~Niki~
    Great Googly Moogly!

Beware of the yellow snow!

United Kingdom (Bristol, England) I am orriginnally from Mostar, Bosnia(one of the countries of former yugoslavia)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you may be right Nicky, after all chameleons are cold blooded and their blood stays the temperature of the temperature in their tank, and the cold their blood is the less active they are
    Carnivorous plants growlist:http://www.**********.com/cgi-bin....t=17597
    Onda je sultan pao mrtav do kostura

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could also try one of those heat rocks.
    \"Anyway, no drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power.\"
    --P. J. O'Rourke
    GL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I heard that heat rocka are very bad for chams,since they can burn so easily.~Niki~
    Great Googly Moogly!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    consider the humidity also. i have never had a cham. but i have read that they are sensitive to humidity. a mesh cage with much more air flow is going to allow the humidity to fall much fast and also allow more fluction (which i cant spell). These changes in temp and humidity may be bothering your cham. and this could be the cause of its "moodyness".
    "We're terrible animals. I think that the Earth's immune system is trying to get rid of us, as well it should." - Kurt Vonnegut

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yay, more about Dino. I love chams!

All Veileds are considered 'aggressive'. They will hit a time in life were they just don't want nothing to do with you anymore and turn mean. It's just their nature. Main would come out to me and climb on me and everything, then one day when he was probably around 8months old that gapping mouth came at me and I knew my baby was all grown up. *lol* He still does it. And I can only get him out when he wants to, which is about once a month and I clean up his cage at the time.

As for the heat. What's the temp? I have only a 60Watt Heat blub and he's fine.

I'm guessing maybe she's getting that cham aggression. The new cage, I bet she loves it. If she hated it, she'd want out. Maybe she finally has 'her' place now and feels like kingcola and wants to turn territoral and such.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I honestly don't know what the humidity is,but that's a good point you made ktulu.When she was in her tank the temp was between 93-95.I don't have a thermometor in her new home cause the one I had before in her tank was a stick on one,and it only sticks to glass,so I need to go out and buy one.I need to get her crickets tomorrow anyways so I'll buy one at that time.Darn thing goes through 20 crickets a DAY and she's only 2 and a half months old!She's a little PIGGY if you ask me [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img] I know Veileds are the most aggressive of all Chams,but like I said she's less than 3 months old.I didn't think she would become aggressive this fast [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_h_32.gif[/img] Oh well,I still love her.I tried to get out her this evening,and I succeeded but only because I stuck a stick infront of her and she climbed onto that,after she attacked it twice,and then she came onto my hand.I was thinking that I should still try to pick her up but it obviously REALLY stresses her out,and I know how sensative they are to stress,so I don't want to kill her!What should I do?Tink,how large is Main's home,since you only use a 60W bulb [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img] ~Niki~
    Great Googly Moogly!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My ball python got me a while ago, she thought I was a mouse.

I would invest in a Big pair of protective gloves. somthing that she could grip onto well.
    Hopefully she will see that she cant hurt you with the gloves on, and stop trying.

good luck!

-tyrel-

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast